Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

:agree: looks better there and nicely crafted
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Thank you sir. It is a good feeling when it works out, and looks good. :vroom:

RustyRD

well good to know that it actually powers up. Now is the time to tackle the wiring for the rest of the bike.

RustyRD

Mark this countersink is for you, actually I had planned on using button head stainless, and after the suggestion of countersinking the hardware I agreed. I used stainless screws and it is a much cleaner setup.

m in sc

nice! 

in my experience, they dont come loose as easy either as the taper wedges them in a bit.  :toot:

RustyRD

The small phillips are threaded into the plastic of the meter so have to be careful about the amount of torque on them, but the factory supplied vibration isolator on the meter has been retained.

RustyRD

Post office was good to me today and brought me more parts. I now have new front brake hose, and  I am really feeling like I want to replace the master cylinder now.  I hate when I run out of time to do things, but 5 am gets here quick.  The question is, retro or modern with remote reservoir?

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

I managed to have enough time to install front brake hose, and it even helps the old master cylinder look a little better. well the hunt for handle bar switches continues. Any suggestions out there? (for switches) I tried a left side kill/ turn/ hi low K&S switch but quality was low.

RustyRD

Mark Thanks for the link, hate that it is shipping from china, maybe there is one to be had in North America.  Anyone ever use Motogadget?

m in sc

yeah, there is that. i cant say as ive ordered one, but thats saved in my watch list from like a year ago.  motogadget is nice stuff.

RustyRD

I have been eyeing the motogadget m unit. Watched a video on it , and I like the system.  It all looks well made.

RustyRD

Time to tackle wiring, and after some research I decided to go with Rowe PDM 60. I started to use a fuse block that I have on hand, but I like the idea of being able to adjust current to the circuit and breaker that can be reset. I hope to have it to work with this weekend :clap:

NoRiders

Dash is much better, nice one.

Switches: I found a Honda Dominator kill/run & start switch which is slim and reasonably unobtrusive and being Honda, good quality too.

See it here

quite slim at 30mm and just red buttons. The loom also carries the front brakelight switch feed, including two spade connectors.