Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Those are two amazing custom seats, I love the ideas  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

Wade I agree, two well done seats, and again guys thanks for some ideas on the subject.

NoRiders

Thnx....by the looks underneath, the suede is only glued to the alloy. I had bought toothed metal gripper strip but the upholsterer preferred glue for suede....it's turned out absolutely flat underneath.  Tidy.

RustyRD

Thanks, Tidy for sure,it looks great.

pidjones

Mine was stapled (although I requested both staple and glue). I think glue alone would have worked fine. Contact cement is very powerful in that application. BTW, electric carving knife for rough shaping, but DON'T USE THE WIFE'S! They are cheap on ebay or thrift shops.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RustyRD

:whistle: your right, I had to buy my wife a new one after being found out :gentleman:

RustyRD

spent some time working on my seat project of the RD today. Still need additional layers, however I finally got started on the new base.

RustyRD

working out a quick release for the seat, and it was not as difficult as I first imagined. I still have to attach the tab to the pan.

m in sc

RustyRD

Thank you. The latch itself is from a Kawi z900rs. I had a kz650 project dropped in my lap. Anybody oh the forum running these?

RustyRD

well it has been a while since I have any time to devote to the RD, to make up for it I bought it a new set of pipes. Jim Lomas stainless with stainless silencers. John from Economy was so helpful answering all my questions and concerns and shipping was two days. WoooHooo.

RustyRD

one more, the seat is still on the list but progress has slowed and time always slips away.

RustyRD

ok, so the seat is proving to be a challenge for me but I will not give up :bang: a different approach than what I had started with. still more foam on the way to help get to the end.

RustyRD

I am working on some different combinations with the seat base. Does not speed things along when you only work on it every other weekend :umm: Here is the current state of seat construction.

m in sc

looks pretty good. reminds me of an old F11 kawi i had w that tail.