Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

I forgot about that bike, I would like to have one , according to my wife, I want all the motorcycles :whoop:
picked up another stay today, a 1982 XR80, can't pass up a deal. The seat will continue to challenge my skills in the area, however I am determined to complete it myself and hopefully not embarrass me either.

RustyRD

Decided to add a larger ultrasonic cleaner to the tool arsenal. I hope it holds up and does not let me down. I look forward to being able to use it on some of the larger parts. I plan on using simple green solution it this device. what do you guys use for cleaning solution in ultrasonic cleaners?

Kawtriplefreak

I use Krust Kutter from Walmart for degreasing full strength. I use a 50/50 mixture of Berrymans carb cleaner and WD40 for cleaning carbs, the latter courtesy of M in SC. I fill the ultrasonic with plain water and use a big pickle jar or similar wide mouth container filled with either solution floating in the water and it works like a champ. My cleaner is a 30 liter Vevor.

RustyRD

Thanks for the info, this unit is a Vevor 30L also. Have read that some of the forum users have had good luck with Vevor. I decided to go with the 30L to avoid the regret of buying the smaller ones.

sav0r

I have the 15L version of that tank and at the car shop we have the 30l one. They both work great. My 15l has seen some shit, including my dog getting caught in the cord and pulling it off the work bench. I had to pull it apart and solder up a few connections to get it to work again, but after at least 5 years of having it, I find it pretty invaluable. It's an extra set of hands cleaning while I get to do other stuff.

I like the Simple Green HD concentrate. It can be found at a Home Depot. I find it works great on castings.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

RustyRD

I bet that scared the poor dog silly. I feel like I may have made a good purchase. I also purchased the simple green from Home Depot. Thanks for the feedback

RustyRD

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on March 15, 2023, 01:03:24 AM
I use Krust Kutter from Walmart for degreasing full strength. I use a 50/50 mixture of Berrymans carb cleaner and WD40 for cleaning carbs, the latter courtesy of M in SC. I fill the ultrasonic with plain water and use a big pickle jar or similar wide mouth container filled with either solution floating in the water and it works like a champ. My cleaner is a 30 liter Vevor.

I like the idea of the pickle jar with solution and just water in the ultrasonic. 

RustyRD

ok I could not help but place the RD 350 tank on my other project and I think I like the looks of the 350 tank over the 400 I had in place, tinkering with a different seat and tail section also. I got the tail and seat for my R5 with 400 engine now I am having mixed thoughts.

m in sc

it looks better on this bike (the seat)
 :twocents:

RustyRD

Thank you  I think I want to swap tanks now also, might need to check and see who may have a spare 350 tank.

71R5JPAR

350 tank looks better as it goes well with the front fender you chose.

m in sc

imho, THAT TAIL LOOKS BETTER W THE 400 TANKS. .02

RustyRD

thanks to all for the input, I am excited to have a new toy to work with this weekend. :whoop:  :whoop:

71R5JPAR

New toy?!

I looked through your entire thread and didn't see, maybe I missed it, but what size rear tire were you able to fit? Did you need to do anything for chain clearance (offset countersproket?)

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much