This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Would you fly in a Hardly Ableson?

Started by suey1958, June 06, 2019, 07:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suey1958

m in sc

there's one at wheels though time actually. the old 45ci motor was reliable.  :vroom:

thatguy

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kawtriplefreak

I flew 2500 hours in four standard and one Special Operations version of the USAF Lockheed C130 Hercules. All the ones I flew in had a part made by Harley Davidson so in response to the OP yes I would, did and have. I own three two stroke Japanese bikes and a 1994 Harley Davidson FLHR. I love them all for different reasons. I find your Hardly Abelson reference to be disrespectful and insulting. I also find the Jap crap reference made by many Harley owners equally disrespectful and insulting. This is not the place for bad mouthing a particular brand of bike or people who choose to own them. There are good and bad bikes made by every company.

Seizer

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on June 07, 2019, 06:14:44 PM
I flew 2500 hours in four standard and one Special Operations version of the USAF Lockheed C130 Hercules. All the ones I flew in had a part made by Harley Davidson so in response to the OP yes I would, did and have. I own three two stroke Japanese bikes and a 1994 Harley Davidson FLHR. I love them all for different reasons. I find your Hardly Abelson reference to be disrespectful and insulting. I also find the Jap crap reference made by many Harley owners equally disrespectful and insulting. This is not the place for bad mouthing a particular brand of bike or people who choose to own them. There are good and bad bikes made by every company.

Well said. And thank you for your service.

Old Brit

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on June 07, 2019, 06:14:44 PM
Well said Sir  :clap: :clap: :clap:

gwcrim

I've had 5 Harleys: 4 Sportsters and an E Glide.  The only issues they've given me are when I maintain high RPMs and the result is a failed crank bearing.  That's on me, not them.  6000 red lines and I just don't get along.

IR8D8R

Aww. Honda makes jet aircraft. They lose money at it but they do... Who knew?

Can't be any worse than a CRJ 200. I hate them. I fly a lot. 113,981 miles this year so far.

Maybe a better question would be: If HD made an airplane that was slow, noisy, and vibrated a lot would people think it was kewl to fly in them?

I would if they offered another 2 inches of legroom. Just sayin'.

IR8D8R

RDFL

motodreams

Wait? 'a part' made by Harley?  The space Shuttle had an Arm made by Canada but you don't see us claiming to be the reason the USA made it to the moon. 

Saying Japanese motorcycles are junk is culturally offense.  Saying a specific American brand is junk is not.  These are 2 distinctly different statements. 

Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha have always been at the forefront of automotive technology, Harley has been overpriced and 20 years behind.

If you want to talk Aeronautical then the American manufacturers of military vehicles have absolutely killed it the last century with many concepts way ahead of their competition in arguably a much more important field.

Kawtriplefreak

I am not claiming anything. What I said is factual. Disrespecting a brand of motorcycle or someone who chooses to ride that brand for whatever reason is offensive to me. I was illustrating my point. Calm yourself.

motodreams

You started the whining.  Just stating you are dealing with 2 entirely different things.  If you are offended by someone disrespecting a brand then you are clearly too sensitive.  On one hand you've got someone throwing shade at the Japanese, on the other you've got a single manufacturer.  Be offended if you want.  Not my problem.

Kawtriplefreak

1st last and only warning. We will not tolerate anything other than a civil discourse on this forum. Control your self or you will no longer be allowed to post here. If you need instruction on how to act please feel free to PM me and we can discuss this further.

busa1300

If they were responsible for designing and building the airplane.....No....I would not fly in it
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared