This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

FedEx rant.

Started by m in sc, December 27, 2019, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forexer

Mark -

What I don't understand about this is how could the package have been addressed to your friends neighbor with your name on it.
Every FEDEX package that I've ever sent with FEDEX has a label affixed to it and on the label is the senders info as well as the recipients info. I always verify this before I sign and pay at the drop off center. Did FEDEX change your original label? In addition; on your tracking receipt from the seller or at least on all of my receipts from FEDEX it states the delivery address which confirms location. " Did the seller provide you a copy of this receipt?"
With either of these pieces of information you could have declared the items lost and possibly received full compensation for the value of the items. Maybe you can look into filing a lost claim because FEDEX never delivered the package to you and it was just by chance that your friend intercepted it so therefore in reality the package never arrived to you, so you should be entitled to a lost claim.

The 1313 Spencer Ridge Drive address is not on a FEDEX label - The label that is shown torn should have had your name and address on it because that's where it's officially getting delivered.

I'm in agreement with SoCal when he stated that FEDEX is the best choice for an on time delivery and from my experience FEDEX has always been a customer focused company. I would not give up and call them again stating that you never received the item.They would have to prove to you exactly when it was delivered ( packages are time stamped ) and you can prove with your camera that it wasn't.

Good Luck!

m in sc

it was put on at the hub, i talked to them, multiple times, make no doubt. It was returned to the hub and i suppose they took a  guess, since the address at work where it was supposed to go is 1313 hall spencer rd (where it was supposed to go). I got the item, by pure chance. I'm not looking for a refund but as bizarre as it is, that's exactly what happened. 

Like said, we have had NOTHING but problems at work.  Around here, its terrible, and i'm sure it boils down to hub management, or dispatch, whatever. Doesn't really matter, the end result is the same. No matter, we've been burned way too many times. once, twice, i get it, but this has happened multiple times over and over, over years and years. 

I wish they were better, they are cheaper than UPS. But we can't trust em to ship the hundreds of packages we send out per week. Trust me, we did try multiple times in the past   :twocents:

IR8D8R

My company has operations in the Middle East. We have to ship instruments back and forth between Gulf countries and the U.S. for calibration. They do not use addresses like we do. Usually just a destination name and a road:

Ahmad Hospital
Shiek Abdullah district
Doha, Qatar

...Take a right at the Piggly Wiggly in the South. It gets there no problem.

Normally we prefer to use DHL from Qatar to the U.S. Boxes arrive in good shape generally and on time etc.

Recently some overzealous policies at the DHL office in Qatar has them x-raying every shipment and rejecting anything with a battery inside. Not just Lithium but Ni-Cd or any power cell. WTF it's a AAA...

We switched to FedX. Now every box arrives here looking like it spent the night in a cement mixer. Not just crushed but seriously rolled and mangled with the cardboard softened by being worked without being torn open. Not sure how they manage that. It would seem to take effort.

The instruments are mil-spec radiation detectors so they haven't been destroyed so far. I have had to unbend some metal and reassemble slightly but no total loss. Our staff wraps the delicate parts in layers of bubble wrap.

We ship FedX from the U.S. back to Qatar and the boxes are pristine when they arrive. Trying to talk to FedX is like pissing into the wind.

No problems with DHL or FedX coming from Dubai or Oman. DHL would ship a ticking box with wires hanging out from those countries.

My conclusion is a badly run local office is to blame for this kind of problem. Probably the local distribution hub. Maybe it's the same guys at the local airport that keep breaking the wheels on my luggage. Hard to tell.

IR8D8R

m in sc

Brad-Man

Some FedX drivers, if not all, are independent contractors.

I was working for a credit card processing company and we had two copies of a drive.  One needed to go to Columbus, GA from Marietta and was overnighted through FedX - never made it.

We had to hand deliver the remaining copy to the IT department using our own transportation and time that day.

The president said - no more FedX - it should've called FedUp...
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

pdxjim

* NOT AN EXCUSE OR ANYTHING MORE THAN A VAGUELY RELATED OBTUSE OBSERVATION *

Remember when you were a kid, and ordered something "mail order" out of a comic book or a magazine or whatever?  You just ripped the page out of the comic and stuck a few bucks in an envelope and crossed your fingers you would eventually see anything at all.

Ordering small print usually said "allow 4-6 weeks for processing and delivery". 

We all know the USPS can get a letter from coast to coast in two days (even back in the 70's).  WTF were they doing with my fcuking Sea Monkeys that it took a month and a half to get them to me? 

Nowadays, I'll just scroll on by if shipping is more than a few days.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A