Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

X ring chain on RD350 ?

Started by 2t Fan, February 19, 2020, 06:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2t Fan

Like to understand, on a RD350 A/B whether I can use the stock sprockets with an X ring chain? If so any recommendations on which chain to use?

Striker1423

Yes. A 530 xring chain will work. Buy a D.I.D. chain if you want long life.

motodreams

As above, any 530 chain will work as this refers to the pitch and width of your chain which matches to the sprockets.  That being said, it is major overkill to run a 530 X ring and you are robbing power.  520 conversions on the 150+ hp 1000cc sport bikes will use the X ring due to added stress.

m in sc

agreed. also, make sure you actually have the clearance to run it. friend of mine was running a 530 o-ring chain and sawed into his case a bit. total overkill on an rd.  go 520.

Dvsrd

Quote from: m in sc on February 19, 2020, 10:15:54 AM
agreed. also, make sure you actually have the clearance to run it. friend of mine was running a 530 o-ring chain and sawed into his case a bit. total overkill on an rd.  go 520.
520 is the way to go, and will save a bit of weight as well, most of it unsprung. If clearance is an issue, a 1 or 2 mm longer sleeve on the countershaft, and a 1 or 2 mm spacer/ shim  behind the rear sprocket should solve that.

2t Fan

thanks for the inputs, appreciated