Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

'Busa swapped Kei Truk

Started by pdxjim, February 28, 2020, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

This is what my local boys at Scooterswapshop.com have been up to this winter.

1200lbs 160hp.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Seizer

sav0r

My buddy has a gsxr golf cart. It's like the worst golf cart ever. It sounds great though.

I've always wanted a mini truck. I looked at buying one of those dodgy three wheel ones a few years back but didn't go for it.

As long as they don't horse it too hard the oiling will be sufficient. But the sumps don't scavenge too well under lateral loading without some serious work.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

forexer

They need to change the gearing on that thing

sav0r

It's impossible to tell with the radiator in the way, but if it's chain drive to the rear end it should be easy to fix. Just change some sprockets. Let's hope they didn't run the drive shaft directly off the PTO and into the rear end.

pdxjim

It's shaft drive. 

They are swapping out the rear axle and diff to something bigger that can handle the power and provides better gearing.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

Well dang, that makes it a lot harder.

m in sc

love it, looks like easy fixes. taller wheel/tire would also go a long way.

sav0r

I was going to say, some huge rear tires might solve their issues. It's never going to handle well anyways. Running a few degrees of rake probably won't help their potential scavenging issues under braking, though it might fix it under acceleration.

m in sc

there was one of these locally, and I looked at it as a potential bike hauler. i was thinking 'truck rated tires, stronger rear suspension, lower the back a bit to get it more level.' 

sav0r

It would be neat as hell to have one. I do think they impracticalities make it very hard. The scavenging issues can be a real bitch.

Radical (race car company) does an awesome V8 that uses two Hyabusa heads, pistons, rods, but they've built the block and crank. As a result, it scavenges in a car the way it should. It also makes like 400hp in a fairly low tune state. I've always thought it would be prime for a hot rod of some variety if I had the right resources.

pdxjim

"woohoo! FInally got the next video together. She's rolling! New posi 12 bolt rear disk diff is being built as we speak"

sav0r

Awesome work, great videos, and it will be really cool when they get it working!