Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ350/Banshee inlets

Started by 75-RD350-man, February 25, 2019, 06:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvsrd

This thread makes me a bit curious. The "stuffers" were used to improve flow somewhat. And using RZ manifolds is mainly because of the balance tube fittings, right?
Why not use something like this instead?  https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rd250350400r5ds6ds7-parts/manifold-kit-with-cross-over/

Any experience with those, especially with regards to ethanol blended gas?
I do, however, believe the RZ style rubber bung connection for the balance tube is a better design than a molded in stub, with regards to potential leaks.

Jspooner

I don't know why the OP was cutting them of but I cut them off because I use VForce reeds and they have their own stuffers.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

teazer

Exactly.  And if he's using stock reed cages, there is no benefit in removing the ears (stuffers).  Without them there is a huge step change in area from the small reeds to the gaping hole in the reed cage.  Airflow doesn't like that sort of change in area.

75-RD350-man

I did it in my ignorance, I was trying to help the mid range stumble on my RD400 and read that a cross over pipe would help so I bought a set of RZ manifolds to modify. If this is the wrong direction what are other members using to mount their cross overs or boost bottles?
Mike D
1977 Yamaha RD400D
2017 Suzuki DR650SE