News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Does anyone know the owner of this bike?

Started by paul1478, March 09, 2020, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul1478

this is the seat I want, exactly. If anyone knows this guy, or where to get this seat at, let me know.
Someone knows him, I found this photo on the Kawi site under the gap.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

suey1958

I was impressed with that seat also. I met the gentleman at the Meltdown last year in Hendersonville NC. I do not remember his name but pretty sure he is from Tennessee. That seat has the hinges and flips up just like the stock seat.

paul1478

Yep, that's the guy. I doubt he made it. He may have made it fit but that is exactly what I am looking for.
For me personally, I love that 75 color. that is my favorite stock looking RD color. He really did a great job on that bike all the way around.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

suey1958

I remember he told me he bought the bike with all the modifications already done.

paul1478

Humm.. looks perfect. I sent a request for info in this.
Thanks Mark.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

no prob. same place i got the seat for the white rd. quality is freaking superb.  :cheerleader:

paul1478

Did you have them cover it? I see that is an option and one I would like of the do good work on covering it.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

yup, sure did.

heres a decent shot showing it. this was 7? years ago. It still looks perfect.

m in sc

since i rode the lc today, took this pic this afternoon to show how it holds up.

pdxjim

Rest assured knowing that when you support GFTP, you are supporting one of the nicest, most honest, positive attitude having righteous dudes I have ever had the opportunity of knowing.

Bret is thee best there is, and it shows in the quality of his products.  All made by him, by hand, right here in Portland, Oregon.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

SUPERTUNE

Yes, Keith Carlson built the bike...I re-machined the DG heads to run on modern pump gas...
Very pretty bike for sure...He's built quite a few custom RD's you would recognize.
He has come to the Gap a few times for the 2 stroke meet.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

suey1958

That is a very nice bike, Looks like he is a meticulous detailer or either the bike doesn't get ridden. It looks more like a show bike.
One thing I found unusual was the stock pipes (the nicest ones I have seen since 1975)   :clap:

m in sc

Keith's stuff is way over the top nice. I-do- remember talking to him about this at the gap. something along the lines of 'ya think you might have taken it a bit too far? ' in a good hearted tone. lol.  thats the same guy that did the YZ? framed RD400 thats all aluminum.  His attention to detail is absolutely superb though. I also think  his RZ is (still) currently for sale as well.  And, his bikes are all capable runners and riders that happen to be show quality.

Evans Ward

Nice guy too and a very fair pricing honest Ebay seller- skully2strokes
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV