Main Menu

fuel hose sizes and quick disconnect?

Started by rd400canuck, March 10, 2020, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400canuck

Hi guys,

Just need to know the size of the hose that joins the tank halves
the size that goes to the carbs from the tank
and size for all the venting hoses from the carbs that head to past the swing arm and point at the ground.

Also... a good idea to separate the tank halve tube without it spilling all over the effing place. A good quality quick disconnect maybe?

Thanks again

John

m in sc

economy cycle sells  quick connect for exactly that reason. i think its 6mm? or 1/4"

rd400canuck

Economy Cycle John

ya 1/4" is the size for fuel line and vent hose below. Keep the slack out of the crossover line to keep the quick disconnect up and away from the engine, the heat can get to them and they'll leak.

disconnect
https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rz-350/other/misc/quick-disconnect-fuel-coupling-dual-shutoff-in-14-or-516/

Vent line
https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rd250350400r5ds6ds7-parts/engine-related/oil-pump/fuelventoil-line-18id-x-5-clear-or-black/

www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag

rd400canuck

Hey Economy Cycle... a shout out for you guys. Over the last number of months of me restoring this RD400 you have been really good to me and wonderful to deal with.. so thank you!

John - Ottawa

paul1478

I wish I had seen that when I placed my last order.  I would have replaced the one I have. I need to search better.

and I agree, EC is great help, great customer service, and super fast shipping!!
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

SoCal250

Quote from: rd400canuck on March 11, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Hey Economy Cycle... a shout out for you guys. Over the last number of months of me restoring this RD400 you have been really good to me and wonderful to deal with.. so thank you!

:agree:

John & Terry and the team at Economy Cycle are good people! :thumbs: They always go above and beyond for us. We need to support them so they will continue to be around to provide all the bits (and advice) to keep our old bikes going.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

oxford

Quote from: SoCal250 on March 11, 2020, 03:56:51 PM

John & Terry and the team at Economy Cycle are good people! :thumbs: They always go above and beyond for us. We need to support them so they will continue to be around to provide all the bits (and advice) to keep our old bikes going.

Not that it really needs to be said but I 100% agree with this.  Customer service and communication has been top notch by them.  At one point John had even offered to send free replacement swingarm bushings for a problem that wasn't theirs.  I declined but the offer was appreciated.  Keep up the good work Economy.

Economy Cycle John

John - Ottawa

Thanks very much John! I'll let Terry know as well.

Economy Cycle John

Quote from: paul1478 on March 11, 2020, 02:22:53 PM
I wish I had seen that when I placed my last order.  I would have replaced the one I have. I need to search better.

and I agree, EC is great help, great customer service, and super fast shipping!!

Thanks so much Paul, much appreciated.
John

Economy Cycle John

Quote from: oxford on March 11, 2020, 04:29:03 PM
Quote from: SoCal250 on March 11, 2020, 03:56:51 PM

Not that it really needs to be said but I 100% agree with this.  Customer service and communication has been top notch by them.  At one point John had even offered to send free replacement swingarm bushings for a problem that wasn't theirs.  I declined but the offer was appreciated.  Keep up the good work Economy.

Thanks very much Russ!

Ws76133

And, Economy is only a short drive for me, I'm always welcomed and get incredible advice and customer service.