News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Cruzin Image, low cost pistons and rods (for those who want that)

Started by Dvsrd, March 11, 2020, 10:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvsrd

On the XS 650 forum, CruzinImage gets very good reviews for their pistons, which are the least expensive pistons available for an XS650. They also have RD 250/350/400 pistons, rods, etc. And the prices seem very reasonable IMHO.
Obviously, we are not talking about upgrade parts here, just aftermarket replacements for the oem stuff. they also have parts for many other brands, not just Yamaha. Definitely worth a look if you are on a budget!

https://www.cruzinimage.net/

Striker1423

The ACrd club forum guys love the cruzinimage stuff, including the RD piston's. Me, I'm a bit skeptical of them, but I don't know crap about piston design etc.

pdxjim

I put cruizinimage.net pistons and rods in my KH400 last year.

I had RB do the bore, and check the Garrett crank (his first triple crank ever) and he was VERY impressed with the quality (and Garrett's crank rebuild work was perfect).

I think the piston kit was $75 for three pistons, rings, pins, bearings, etc.  The rod kit was around $190.

Mitsuo is super easy to communicate with, and of course, the prices are unbelievable.

Most parts are made in Taiwan BTW.

The carb rebuild kits are also fantastic.

If you're on a budget, cruizinimage.net is tough to beat.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

have them in my t500. they are good quality. Id run em in my r5 for sure, had them in triples as well.

Greaser Greg

I'm not seeing the r5 Pistons on there. Are they under another bike in the search box?
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

m in sc

huh, i thought they made them. i know wossner does. mind you, the years are listed  wrong but these are def r5 pistons.

https://wossnerpistons.com/collections/yamaha-motorcycles/products/8221

Greaser Greg

Found the cruzing image ad for ds7/r5 rods and bearings, but no pistons. Boo hoo.
Running in some .5 over wossners in the rusty r5 lately. Looking for something inexpensive for another build. Time, is on my side, yes it is....
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

motodreams

Been around for a long time in the RZ world.  Have run in my RDLC and RZs.  Cheap and no issues.  One of the few things not to good to be true.