News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Daytona

Started by RDFL, April 01, 2020, 03:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

I generally like my Daytona. Really not concerned with " what it's worth" though. The only time it pissed me off was when I walked in the shed to find it laying on top of my RD350/DS7. Put a hole in the RD's tank 😭
Anyone have a spare RD400 tank?

triple1972

Never understood the whole "low vin" thing. Maybe numbers 1-100 but did they make the low numbered ones with better quality!

bstream97

i agree on these prices kind of way high on ebay  i guess , but if you are selling a bike it good, if you have a nice bike and someone wants to pay crazy money thats ok,  the 1978 are rare i guess ,i wonder how well they sold , i never liked the long seat cowl ,  i remember going into cahills yamaha in tampa ( 1978) and they had alot of them and dude says they arnt moving to well ,new model in 1979 gonna be nicer,  i like my daytona ,i guess for $1799 you might have to do a crank and calipers one day ,  you cant complain about the looks

bstream97

another

bstream97

one more

economan

I agree. You can't complain about the looks of the Daytona and yours is a looker for sure.
Nice job. You have all the right pieces.  :celebrate:

bstream97

thanks economan,  i am lucky to have chuck -supertune close if i  have any major problems :help:

Tuck

economan

You're welcome. Yes you are lucky to have Doc. close by.  :celebrate:

SUPERTUNE

Did someone say DOC?

Yes, Bryans is really nice Daytona with all the right mods to run way better than stock.
And he rides it a lot...lives a full life and pisses off the neighbors even with new packing in the MOTO CARRERA cans!
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

bstream97

thanks chuck , the neighbors are pretty good with the daytona ,but get the yz250 out at nite and they really get nasty, we live in pinellas co ,not a vacant lot for 100 miles :righteous: