(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Expansion Chamber ID help please

Started by Barto, April 22, 2020, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Quote from: Barto on April 25, 2020, 12:26:39 PM
Thanks Chuck, dammit!  I was a little too late and missed out.  Arg! :(

You snooze, you lose!  Back to saving my sheckels...

Probably a good thing you missed them. They are extremely ugly pipes, probably about a foot too long.

Czakky

I dig em! On an R5 or old school build.

RDFL

I would like to find a set, they do look odd though.

SUPERTUNE

Like I said... old school design.
Yes, way long...but I like them...
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

m in sc

they work really well. funky, but no funkier than dg heads and i think they are hideous. Period for sure.  :cheerleader:

Dvsrd

What I'd like to know, is the "vital dimensions" of various pipes. I can measure my Allspeeds from 82/83 and my Higgspeeds from a couple of years ago. I suspect they are quite similar, except the headpipe diameter. The Higgspeeds are quite a bit larger.
I was thinking header diameter/length, diffuser diameters and lengths (or starting diameter and divergent angle) and so on. All the way, including stingers and baffle tubes. If others do the same, then we could compile some kind of spreadsheet or table for various pipes for comparing the designs,

Dvsrd

Main dimensions of my now butchered stainless Higgspeeds (Now in the process of eing modded with a larger silencer sleeve, longer internal stinger, and a different perforated baffle setup)

Header OD 44mm, ID 41 mm (too large, I think. Looking into cutting out a wedge to make them taper to 37 mm ID at spigot)
Header length 315 mm outside turn, 230 mm inside turn. Centerline length 272.5 mm
Single stage diffuser cone. Short side length 390 mm, long side 425 mm. Centerline length 407.5 mm
Belly section OD 92 mm. Short side 100 mm, long side 120 mm. Centerline length 110 mm.
Baffle (convergent) cone, cut at 55 mm OD (silencer weld) Short side 185 mm, long side 205 mm. Centerline length 195 mm for this INCOMPLETE CONE.
Not sure whether I should just weld in a big washer with a hole for the stinger, or fabricate a short cone section to complete the cone until around 25 mm ID, and weld in a machined sleeve for the stinger.

rodneya

Fabricate a cone section and complete the cone.