Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What gauge wire and fuse block options?

Started by oxford, April 10, 2020, 07:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxford

I'm pretty much getting ready to wire this bike up.  What gauge wire do I need to get?  MZB ignition if it matters.  I was also wondering who's using what for fuse blocks and what do you double up in fuses if anything? 

I am pretty bare bones on electrical components.  Headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, electronic speedo and no battery.

27 Cycles

I used this fuse block and so did my buddy at work on a Ducati.  Blue Sea is good stuff.  I love mine!!

Dvsrd

Quote from: oxford on April 10, 2020, 07:48:21 PM
I'm pretty much getting ready to wire this bike up.  What gauge wire do I need to get?  MZB ignition if it matters.  I was also wondering who's using what for fuse blocks and what do you double up in fuses if anything? 

I am pretty bare bones on electrical components.  Headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, electronic speedo and no battery.
The stock horn may work best with a battery, and maybe the electronic speedo as well. At least you should check. The original ignition lock and kill switch also need a battery + a relay to work as before.
Up to 10-13A current, i.e. more than twice the draw of a 60 W halogen bulb, 1.5 mm2 wire is sufficient. For tail/brake light 0.75 or 1.00 mm2 is more than enough. And between the MZB stator and MZB regulator, you should stick with the harness MZB delivered. These are mostly a bit on the long side, so shortening the wires will make it neater.
As for fuse sizes, I'd use a 10 A for your consumers (i.e supply to ignition lock) and maybe a 15 or 20 on the +12VDC from reg/rect (to battery, should you use one)

oxford

quote author=27 Cycles link=topic=1820.msg15178#msg15178 date=1586562898]
I used this fuse block and so did my buddy at work on a Ducati.  Blue Sea is good stuff.  I love mine!!
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll look into picking one of those up.

Quote from: Dvsrd on April 11, 2020, 12:31:42 AM

The stock horn may work best with a battery, and maybe the electronic speedo as well. At least you should check. The original ignition lock and kill switch also need a battery + a relay to work as before.
Up to 10-13A current, i.e. more than twice the draw of a 60 W halogen bulb, 1.5 mm2 wire is sufficient. For tail/brake light 0.75 or 1.00 mm2 is more than enough. And between the MZB stator and MZB regulator, you should stick with the harness MZB delivered. These are mostly a bit on the long side, so shortening the wires will make it neater.
As for fuse sizes, I'd use a 10 A for your consumers (i.e supply to ignition lock) and maybe a 15 or 20 on the +12VDC from reg/rect (to battery, should you use one)

Thanks for the info.  I will have to check with the speedo and a battery.  I am not using a stock ignition lock or setup at this time, I am only going to have a kill switch.