Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400 First start in X years

Started by NYSingh, May 03, 2020, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYSingh

Not sure how much time has passed. All I know is that last time I rode this thing I had a different girlfriend and lived in a different apartment, so it's been 2-3 years. BUT, finally got this thing running! Now time to get it dialed in right. Here's what she sounds like:

https://youtu.be/q7XCDO-jln4

I took it for a quick spin around the block, maybe 4-5 minutes (cut it short after I passed a group of cops who all turned my way a little too curiously). Ran ok. Not "wheelie" good, but picked up speed pretty quickly. But as I was finishing up, it lost power and wanted to stall unless I kept the throttle cracked.

I had the top end done by chuck, stage 1 porting, with banshee intakes, TSR boost bottle, spacer. Stock carbs but w Dave f mod. Used the carb setup recommended by chuck (to start a bit rich): 210 main, 40 pilot, 169-P2 needle @ 4 (1 clip rich). airscrew 1.5 turns. Idle screw about 1.5 turns from just touching.

What do you guys think for jetting adjustments to get it in prime tune? Any ideas about the power loss? Any ideas why the left pipe isn't smoking as much (oil line is full all the way to the inlet nipple and was pumping fine when I tested).
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

jmendoza

Check the plugs to see if they fouled.  Then while they are out, do a compression test with throttle wide open.

HTH,
Jay
Seizure Later!

CT1-C,RD200B,RD400C,RZ350N,RZ250FII
3 ea KT 100S