Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Piston Port Top End Porting

Started by John Ritter, May 18, 2020, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Ritter

I am willing to help/teach/instruct for 3 days in June or July if someone is interested in coming to my shop to port their DS7 or R5 cylinders to Stage 1, hot street, and deck the heads for 92/93 octane. Only a few requirements which are you must commit to the 3 full days (8 to 5), must be able to stand for long periods and the cylinders and heads must be media blasted before your arrival. The cleanliness is mandatory or you just wasted a trip and deprived someone else of being here. I have all the porting tools and machinery required. I'm retired and have been doing this to give back a bit to the 2 stroke community. You will need to find a motel or campground for your lodging and be prepared to go for fast food lunches, I am not going to charge for the 3 days (use that savings to clean the parts). Bring your top end only, do not bring the bike, we are not building a running bike, only doing the porting and heads. I suggest you plan on having a fresh bore job after you get home, we will not be boring the cylinders here. Eye protection is mandatory and no alcohol or drugs during shop time. Yes, I've had both happen with different people that's why I mentioned it.

If you have another bike, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, and want to enjoy some of the back roads here then bring it along and we can take an evening ride. Lots of turns to play with in this area.

Message me through the board if interested. I should be able to answer most questions.

SoCal250

Wow that's quite a generous offer John! :clap: A great opportunity for someone!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Czakky

m in sc

If i just had the time. dammit.
:patriot:

RDFL

[quote author=John Ritter link=topic=1988.msg16778#msg16778 date=1 no alcohol or drugs during shop time. Yes, I've had both happen with different people that's why I mentioned it.

[/quote] Used to work with guy who could not go 2 hours without a bowl. Is a very generous offer.

1976RD400C

This gives me the opportunity to thank John again for the work he did on my 400 motor almost 10 years ago.  :eek: Porting, bore, head, reeds. It runs incredible. Since then I have done rings once and then new pistons 2 years ago. Same bore. I have done just about everything with my bike. Back road riding, hooligan, track days, missed shifts to 14K rpm (??). It has great street torque and crazy power at 10K.  It is bullet proof. Even after 10 years, EVERY time I ride it, and I get to a area where the throttle gets turned it's a wow moment. Thanks, John.

SANY0188" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

The Red Scourge

That's very generous of you John!  Someone is going to score a wealth of knowledge!  Where is your shop located?
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

John Ritter

Located in Lawrenceburg, TN 38464

GRA2STROKES

John Ritter

Guys,  unfortunately I did not have anyone who is a straight up non-ported  DS7 or R5 rider contact me this round. Was worth a shot and maybe I will be able to offer again at a later date. Thanks to the guys that did contact me but I wanted to stay within the parameters I originally expressed. John Ritter

Djg8493

Thanks John! I meet all your parameters except for time this go round.  It is a very generous offer that hopefully comes up again in the future.
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6