Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Roast My Ride! video of first start after ~2-3 months

Started by hayduke, February 16, 2022, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayduke

Howdy all, I'm still planning on selling this bike, and the weather was nice the other day so I figured I'd do a cold start video. The video starts a little slow, but I left it in for dramatic effect...  :burnout:  And sorry about the brown t-shirt looking like plumbers butt...

The bike was originally built ~1983/84 by a kid working at a local Yamaha dealer. Someone never picked up a '76 or 77 RD400 they'd brought in for repair, he bought it for repair costs ($50) and ordered all the Daytona parts at employee discount then assembled a RD400C/F. He put over 12000 miles on it before life got in the way and he parked it. 20 years later the kid is a mechanical engineer and he hired me as a drafter, I bought it from him ~20 years ago and I still work for him, off and on.

It's time for it's next 20 year owner...

m in sc

i mean.. its alight i guess.  :dawg:

very nice bike for sure, all the benefits of the earlier 400s w out the failings of the daytonas. win win.  :cheerleader: :olaf:

Hawaii-Mike

Nice bike, some will be disappointed that it's not a real Daytona Special or that it's not an original RD400C.  It will sell for good money anyways.

hayduke

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on February 16, 2022, 05:41:28 PM
Nice bike, some will be disappointed that it's not a real Daytona Special or that it's not an original RD400C.  It will sell for good money anyways.

For sure, I'm going to mention the ability to create a crazy RD-F without cutting up an original as a selling point <eyeroll>

It's nothing special, just a clean, solid RD