This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

LapTwo.com- My project for the rider community

Started by Organicjedi, July 06, 2020, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organicjedi

2 stroke world friends,

In my spare time :busey: I've been working on a side project that I'm excited to share with you. It's a new buy/ sell site laptwo.com. It's like eBay, but focused only on motorsports related stuff. After dealing with eBay as a buyer and seller I found there was a lot to be desired.

Some ways we want to be better than eBay: for sellers, there is a 5% flat fee when an item sells. No other fees. I also see sellers as partners and treat them like they are part of the business and take their input seriously. They get great customer service and a lot of attention from our leadership team.

For buyers, our biggest benefit for that group is that my partner and I personally vet everyone who sells on the site to make sure there are no shady sellers with junk products. We also want to develop a community feel for the site and make it a place riders want to go to. At the end of the day, my partner and I are two guys that love motorsports and like to hang out with other people who love them too.

Anyway, we are about six months into being live and have been seeing some great results. I am looking for more sellers though. I'm particularly seeking out professional or semi pro salvage yard operations ideally who are already selling on eBay and have experience selling on a marketplace platform. I want to make sure they are highly rated and have quality listings.

We are not targeting guys who are cleaning out the garage and have a few parts to sell. Eventually, we will open up to smaller sellers but for now, I want to make sure that highly rated sellers with a lot of great products list with us. Plus I know the average guy has a lot of free options to sell stuff- forums like this, FB, CL, etc. It's larger operations that would benefit most from selling on LapTwo.

A couple of other things. We have the ability to upload listing via .CSV spreadsheet. Many of our sellers have been downloading their inventory spreadsheet of their listings from eBay and then we can upload it with minimal work. Also, sellers can keep their eBay store. We are not expecting anyone to shut that down.

So if any of you guys know any good salvage yard operations or sellers of motorcycle parts, mopeds/ scooter parts, power sport parts, or auto parts and are sick of being fleeced by eBay, send them my way and I'l be more than happy to have a chat with them.

Also, our site is new and growing and developing fast. We have a number of site improvements in the works. I would love to hear your guys' feedback.

Thanks!