News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

"Shogun H1"

Started by 2 Stroke Jamoke, February 11, 2019, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Sounds good Ian and looking forward to seeing it in a couple weeks.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

SUPERTUNE

Got to love John's reed engine setups!
Will be fun to ride...
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

2 Stroke Jamoke

:metal: thanks guys, cant wait to see everyone at the dragon!

JA-Moo

She does sound sweet!  :righteous:

2 Stroke Jamoke

I put 30 or so miles on this thing and it flat out flys! Sure does vibrate alot, I need to make a better seat. There is a terrible sound that happens at about 6k. I took the heads off and can confidently say it is not detonating.  I think it might be my pipes vibrating against each other, there is about 1/4 inch between them but they are on rubber and can move a bit. Its tight down under there. I think I might try to wedge a piece of inner tube in there temporarily and see if it stops. Whoohoo it runs like a scalded dog! Also I think the tank paint turned out quite nice!

JA-Moo

There you go! Fun time!  :righteous: Triples vibrate a lot. A good vacuum sync, and slide sync helps a lot, but still.

2 Stroke Jamoke

During my ride yesterday I had more than one upshift that grabbed 2 gears. Example: 1st to 3rd, or 1st to like 2.5. My rearset shifter ratio is likely a little high compared to stock. I found a mod on the KTOG page and I'm proud to say I pulled it off! I welded on a little piece from another shift shaft (I think it was from my yamaha r3) that holds the drum in place until the shifter "resets" works excellent! It's like a modern bike shift shaft now! Pic below :metal:

JA-Moo

2 Stroke Jamoke

Heres a 2020 update on my h1 hybrid.  I'm going with the classic white and blue stripe paintwork. I think it turned out stellar! Also going back to the stock seat and rear bodywork. Heres some pics including one of my freshly "modified" center pipe lol

SoCal250

The white/blue looks great! :clap:  OUCH on that pipe!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Czakky

What a cool bike! I dig the new paint.

RDFL

Plus 1 on paint scheme, first time I've seen this thread great build I put Banshee engine in GS500 a couple of years ago.

paul1478

Paint turned out great. the green was OK but this looks the part...
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

yeah, the body work looks wayyyyy better.  :clap:

2 Stroke Jamoke

Thanks guys, I never liked the way it looked, and the riding position was not ideal. I think the stock seat will really help. Heres one more pic with the panel and tail light on