Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Best Electronic Iggy For A Kawi Triple

Started by peaky, March 11, 2019, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaky

I have a Kawi S2a that I've gradually modified over time--flowed the engine, S3 carbs, Jim's Denco Replica pipes. Want to put on an electronic ignition but see the Powerdynamo is no longer available. Any suggestions?

And I very rarely foul plugs.

m in sc

I retrofitted an H1e igntion onto one, and ran it through a zeel for an rd (using the 2 box h1 setup). made 59 RWHP with denco pipes and s3 carbs, stock porting.  :devil:  took some reclocking of the trigger but it worked. all triple ignitions will physically for all the others with the exception of the distributor h1's  :twocents:

peaky

M-You're a spacelord.

Any suggestions on something off the shelf? I question the availability of good H1 parts at reasonable prices at this point in the game, and you are much more technically advanced on the electrics than I.

m in sc

shit. lol.  :whistle:

the boyer brandsen is probably the simplest.

im not sure who distributes in the us, but the kh250 and S1 unit works on S2. They may ship direct?

http://www.boyerbransden.com/micromarkiii.html

teazer

Can an Accent system for a GT750 be made to fit?  Simple and reliable. 

If not try an Ignitech TCIP4 system with single pulser (pickup) and 3+1 lobe reluctor.  Fully programmable including 2 step, 2d or 3d timing curve, quick shift kill with variable timing and tacho and shift light output.

m in sc

well, the boyer system is used on gt550s and 380s. im pretty sure it could be made to work pretty easily. Im not intimately familiar with the accent or TCIP systems  :twocents:

peaky

Sent an email to Boyer. Their US distributors are loaded up with iggys for Brit bikes, but no triples.

peaky

Boyer is sending a unit direct. $145 with shipping. For the 350 triple, its kit 62.

m in sc

thats DIRT cheap, great deal.  :clap: glad that worked out.  :thumbs: