click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Yet another rd

Started by rd400greenhorn, August 21, 2020, 02:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400greenhorn

Allright..

Doing some progress..
But the rims and fork legs are still at powder.. The paint had almost boiled / the wheels and fork legs were ugly quite honest, so i really do Hope they can fix it Second time.

But for now
Tapered steering bearings installed
Engine in (oh yeah found that the engine bracket on the right side of the frame had a nasty crack!!
So ebay gonna fine me another and I would have to have that painted..

Found a Nice working seat latch/ helmet lock with key in my parts bin, so far so good..

Got the tank last decal on as well, Its at the painter now. Will get clear coat in the end of the month fingers crossed :)

rd400greenhorn

Got a package from economy cycle, fast delivery! Thanks guys

Oem clutch cable
Gasket
16 tooth front sprocket
And a thick washer kit for my ignition.

So now iam gonna find a new left side engine bracket and get it to the powder
Will hopefully be next week. And have a talk with Them, i Want this done before Christmas.
Just threw a tank on for fun and I kind of like the colour. But hey, iam picking up a silver one in 2 weeks so Its All good :)

Awaiting next paycheck to get some last Bits and pieces and oh yeah
A new rear brake master arm ( splines on the one i got are a bit rough) wont go with the rear sets

rd400greenhorn

So, still Awaiting rims from powder. Those guys SUCK. Not much more is gonna happen this year iam afraid.
Awaiting rims, fork legs and Bits and pieces from powder.

Got the tank back from clearcoat and did a test fit.

Also,  Awaiting my spec 2 classic pipes from Gary Schumake, hopefully they arrive in a week or so.

Stay tuned

rd400greenhorn

Happy new year  :afro:

So, powder are still not doing their job. Just called Them, mid next week. Yeah right.. Will be the last effort.

I also got new pipes, spec 2 classic. Damn expensive to get sent and Taxes, plus the price.
But I wanted these..
And I Want Them Chromed.. Will properly see if i can get that done in the end of this month.

Stay tuned

rd400greenhorn

So, got My hands on some original brand new rd400 parts, locally.
Now with a brand new speedo and original speedo cable, ready to clock km's.
:clap:

Its a brand new bike basically so why not

Dvsrd

I really like the look of the Spec2 classics! Been pondering to get a pair for years....
Would it be possible for you to pull the silencer core out on one of them? And take a couple of pics of what ut looks like, maybe also inside the muffler sleeve?

rd400greenhorn

Yes i can do that. When I eventually prep Them for Chrome they need to be removed

Organicjedi

Don't be surprised if you find the silencers lacking in the packing material department. You should plan to repack them before install. Mine were packed sparsly.

rd400greenhorn

rd400greenhorn

rd400greenhorn

Ups
Here some of the guts of the pipes

pidjones

I use plumbing pipe wrap on mine overlaid with a layer of fiberglass body repair cloth. Wire to keep it wrapped in place.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

rd400greenhorn

Allright.

Got My rims back from powder plus other Bits and pieces.

Finally!!

Got the rear wheel bushings in tonight
Hopefully next week i Will address the front end(forks), new bearings in the rims and fresh tires

And oh yeah got My spec 2 back from chrome 👌

RustyRD

Dammmnnn :haw: That stuff looks great :righteous:

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)