(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Hybrid Project - RD250 AC/F2

Started by toffee, February 20, 2019, 05:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Czakky

toffee

Thanks Czakky

Fitted a new chain roller on a 6mm aluminium plate and fixed to the rear of the rearset mounting bolts. Its fixed in position rather than a spring loaded idea.

"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

toffee

I decided to address the fuel tank yesterday.
There were holes around the fuel tap which obviously had to be sorted.
I removed all the paint and tapped in around each hole to create a well
for the solder which I used to gather and plug the hole.
I used flux core solder, seems to have worked well.

Next step now is to remove the liner and replace with a new Caswell one.

"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." - Newton's 1st law of Motion

toffee

Today I started with the tank liner removal and preperation for the new liner to go in.

I used an offcut of a wheel tube and a small offcut of aluminium plate to blank off the fuel tap hole.

Then the Caswell liner removal solution went in to disolve the old liner, I guess the solution is MEK or cellulose, it seems to have done the job. Before emptying the chemical out I threw in 20 wood screws to loosen up any stubborn debris, after a good shake a small pinhole appeared and was literally covered with paint so a little bit more of soldering to be done.

Before that happens Ill rinse out the tank with soapy water to expell the chemical vapours. Thats for tomorrow though.