Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Gap Hauler 19

Started by m in sc, March 18, 2019, 10:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

about 90% sure this will be one of the 2 tow vehicles this year for the gap. Between 2 of us we are hauling 5 bikes, so this will carry the (planned) project rd, cb1100 and the kawi 120. and all the gear, i think, maybe.  Had to hand build the hitch, pretty much from scratch.

~JM~

Is that a '66?

I had a 4-door '65 Galaxy 500 with the 390 back in the 80's. It was a cool gangster cruiser!

m in sc

yup, 66 with a 390. 61k original miles.

added front and rear swaybars, power disc brake conversion, aluminum radiator & twin electric fans, 4bbl, hei ignition. 

paul1478

Quote from: m in sc on March 18, 2019, 10:13:25 AM
about 90% sure this will be one of the 2 tow vehicles this year for the gap. Between 2 of us we are hauling 5 bikes, so this will carry the (planned) project rd, cb1100 and the kawi 120. and all the gear, i think, maybe.  Had to hand build the hitch, pretty much from scratch.
I have a feeling even if you could have went to U-hall you still would have done this. you don't seem like an "off the shelf" guy. 
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

actually, i tried. IF i would have been able to get the car to .. reno? they would have made it for me. The only ones available were vintage bumber hitches, no way. lol. I would have bought a hitch if it was available. I put the one on the edge, took an hour and cost 112 bucks from e-trailer.  I can guarantee mines stronger than anything out there though, its completely over done.  :toot: But it took a better part of a saturday and a chunk of sunday (wiring).

FWIW, the local ford dealer wanted $700 to do the hitch on the edge.. if (this is what they said) a class 3 was available. After me telling the parts guy they werefor sure 100%, and him repeatedly telling me they weren't, i told him he was an idiot and hung up on him, and bought one on line and did it myself for about 1/6th the cost. Then, since i know a few of the techs there, i relayed my experience and it went up to management and back down (since it would have been work for  THEM). I would have paid it (company would have actually), but they shit away 3 + hours of gravy labor due to idiocy.  And a box of donuts. :patriot: :wave:

~JM~

Quote from: m in sc on March 18, 2019, 01:42:14 PM
yup, 66 with a 390. 61k original miles.

added front and rear swaybars, power disc brake conversion, aluminum radiator & twin electric fans, 4bbl, hei ignition.

Very cool!

Evans Ward

I like that! Original wheel covers too.  :righteous:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

retaRD

That's a killer setup Mark  :science:

m in sc

thanks guys.

Trans cooler and heavier duty rear shocks on way, then i think its ready.  its going to earn a dragon decal as long as things continue to go well.   :metal:

thatguy

Yeah that's appropriate. I like it.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kawtriplefreak

m in sc

ja-moos vid of him chasing me through the gap on his triple.

:clap:  :devil:

https://youtu.be/mXISYn5p6M8

Evans Ward

Bad asserry at its best. Love the car and patina.  :taz:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

JA-Moo

I'm surprised you couldn't hear me laughing!  :dawg:

Are the "in car" videos anywhere yet? :umm:

m in sc

i need to get it from david :vroom:  we were laughing like idiots the whole time