Started by biggraham, March 19, 2019, 07:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

If I had a 400, I'd be your buyer  :burnout:
I post waayyy too much

biggraham

Quote from: 85RZwade on July 26, 2021, 04:05:37 PM
If I had a 400, I%u2019d be your buyer  :burnout:

I just used them to help justify a Daytona frame and swingarm purchase..I already have said Bassanis, Daytona mags, a 400E seat, an xs650 front end and an rz rear end :olaf:

85RZwade

:clap: I look forward to seeing that come together!
I post waayyy too much

biggraham

Not sure about a mono shock conversion, but the rz swingarm weighs 4.5lbs , bare, before I remove 2 inches and  anything extra..
Daytona arm weighs 12lbs
(allegedly)

85RZwade

Wow, that's an amazing weight difference. I've replaced two RZ swingarms with FZ items because I thought they were heavy! Must be a lot of steel in the Daytona 'arm.
I post waayyy too much

biggraham

Can't find an fz600 arm, they're 1lb lighter than an rz arm...

biggraham

Scored a FZ600 swingarm on eBay, on it's way :cheers:

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

biggraham

Here it is, not too shabby looking!

biggraham

Pretty sure the Daytona arm is lighter than 12lbs that I read, hoping to borrow a scale soon..

Debating punting the extra parts to get new tires, some machining and a motolanna swingarm...

biggraham

Pardon the gap in this build, life's been interesting for sure!
Mismatched wheels and tires aren't brilliant, so with a little detective work, it turns out thst a gs500 wheel has same axle size, and is already a 39 t 520 chain sprocket!
I also tracked down an aluminum swingarm, so let's see if it all fits together..

biggraham

Turns out they fit together beautifully, may not even need wheel spacers! It'll be great to have matching wheels, and ditch a front rotor and disc! I'll need a brake torque arm for the swinger, probably get one from economy cycle..
Wiring is pretty dire, anyone adapt a new 76/77 harness to a 78?

m in sc

well isnt that nifty! very cool indeed.  :clap:

Dvsrd

A MotoLanna swingarm?  Looks nice!

SoCal250

Quote from: biggraham on October 26, 2022, 03:31:46 AM
Turns out they fit together beautifully, may not even need wheel spacers! It'll be great to have matching wheels, and ditch a front rotor and disc! I'll need a brake torque arm for the swinger, probably get one from economy cycle..
Wiring is pretty dire, anyone adapt a new 76/77 harness to a 78?
The only difference between the 76/77 and the 78 harnesses is the addition of the headlight relay on the E model (see attached)
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)