This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rd350 needle jet

Started by rickdecollo, August 13, 2019, 06:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickdecollo

Hello
I've got 3 rd350s, 2-'74s and a 73. All but one bike has y30 needle jets. I'm assuming these are aftermarket... I believe I bought from hvc. Is there any difference between these and a stock 5i4 needle? Someone told me not to use aftermarket needles but I can not locate the 5i4 needle. Does anybody have any input on this?
Thanks much!!

teazer

That sounds like a Keyster part number and should immediately be hammered into a wall or recycled.  :whistle:

On the other hand, if you bikes run fine with those needles, I'd suggest you just keep running them.

I have not measured a Y30 needle but the after market needles I have measured vary from slightly different to totally different to the OEM needles they were supposed to replace.  I don't have an alternate needle to the 5I4.  The needle closest to that is 6DL30 and it's 5mm longer and would probably need to be shortened.

rickdecollo

Thanks for the reply. My other bike runs ok but this one has some issues and I would
Like new needles. Where could I find some used parts? I would think these would be everywhere

Jspooner

I might have some. I'll take a look later tonight.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

rickdecollo

Jspooner

Quote from: rickdecollo on August 13, 2019, 08:36:27 PM
Awesome let me know!!

Of course I could only find one, I'll have to dig a little deeper to find another.

rickdecollo

Thanks for looking. If you happen to find another and would like to sell just reply here and I'll get in touch with you.

Jspooner

Quote from: rickdecollo on August 14, 2019, 12:10:26 AM
Thanks for looking. If you happen to find another and would like to sell just reply here and I'll get in touch with you.

Found another.

rickdecollo

What kind of shape are they in? If you can, email me rickdecollo@rocketmail.com and let me know how much you would like for them.

m in sc

they will be wayyy better than those stupid yl ones.

Jspooner

Quote from: rickdecollo on August 14, 2019, 07:34:19 AM
What kind of shape are they in? If you can, email me rickdecollo@rocketmail.com and let me know how much you would like for them.

They will be fine, I will email you.

rickdecollo

Your email went to my spam. I wrote you back... if you do not get it check spam!