News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Porting Prices 2023

Started by John Ritter, December 14, 2020, 12:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Ritter

This is for RD's, R-5 & DS-7.

2023 prices now available. Call or email for updated prices. Ph 931-374-8164  Email  vintageporting@gmail.com

Hawaii-Mike

85RZwade

That's a per cylinder price, right?
I post waayyy too much

John Ritter

No Wade, that is a full blown complete Stage 1 Top End & both reed cavities as an option. As I told Mark, I'm just giving back a bit. 

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

350GUY

Quote from: John Ritter on December 15, 2020, 09:17:37 AM
No Wade, that is a full blown complete Stage 1 Top End & both reed cavities as an option. As I told Mark, I'm just giving back a bit.

Thank you Sir .

B/R,

Daryl

85RZwade

That's amazing; someone had better warn UPS that they're going to be handling a lot of cylinders
I post waayyy too much

1976RD400C

John did mine almost 10 years ago and they have been so reliable. Never seized or blew up. I have replaced the pistons once and rings twice, same bore. I may be ready for a bore before next season. Every time I ride it, the first time I turn the throttle open, it's a holy crap moment. I wish I had this setup when I raced my RD in the 80's.

portview" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Striker1423

I'll definitely be sending mine in!

85RZwade

I think I will, too. John, I hope this isn't a stupid question and that I'm not the only one wondering: do you need information or parts other than the cylinders and heads to perform this service?
I post waayyy too much

John Ritter

Wade, send the oem reed cages also. It is part of the package.
I usually can smooth some of the edges and like to  increase the window length even though only helps a little bit. The oem's calculated flow at full lift only flows enough air to support a 24mm carb, the calculations of the mod indicate the changes are equal to a 28mm (stock size), in reality it does not gain quite that much but does help. For Stage 1 street I don't remove any of the center bar but removing several mm's from the tip of it and running a single petal does help, with part of the center bar intact there is support to help eliminate cupping or sinking of the center of the petal over time.

85RZwade

If a person opts for a the upgrade, should the banshee/RZ/V-force reed blocks be sent along?
I post waayyy too much

John Ritter

I keep oem RZ/Banshee cages here to do the fitting, BUT send the RZ/Banshee oem cages so they can be modified.
I also keep V-Force "3" here for the same purpose. I haven't seen a V-Force "4" since they came out and did not like the style so I only set the cylinders for the 3 series.

RustyRD

John the pricing sounds great. Do you bore cylinders also? If so do you supply pistons for the job?

Russ

John Ritter

Russ, I just saw your post. I can bore cylinders if I'm doing porting to the cylinders. I can supply the pistons or you can, doesn't matter to me, if you do let me look at the cylinders before you buy them so we agree on what oversize. Any questions call me 931-374-8164 c.t.s.