Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

R6 Rearsets on RD400?

Started by Matt Warburton, December 28, 2020, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Warburton

Does anyone have a link to (or the photos of) the project bike that was on the old version of this website where the owner had mounted R6 foot controls on an RD400?

I seem to recall he'd had to weld tabs onto the frame to make it work.

Help!

rodneya

I have GSXR rear sets on my 350.I took off the Suzuki mounting and  made aluminum plates to bolt to the frame at the stock location. This way I could set the height. Mine are from a newer bike so the shift pivot is remote from the foot peg mount, but I run GP shift anyway.
To run a regular shifter pattern you need rear sets from and older model. I can get some pics tomorrow if you want.

Cost me 60 Canadian and included the rear master and brake switch, so it was definitely a cheap option.

nojoke2stroke

I used R6 foot controls as well as R6 rear brake master and caliper on my street tracker build from a few years back.

Matt Warburton

Rodeya, did you keep the stock muffler hangar bracket?

Matt Warburton

rodneya

I made my own pipes, and the hanger bolts to the aluminum mounting plate I made. The bolt in the center near the back is the hanger mount. For a stock location the aluminum mounting plate may have to be a bit bigger.

Bike is currently in pieces as I am installing a new swingarm and spoked rear disk brake wheel, but here are a few pics

Redbird

Not a 400, but I adapted R6 rearsets to my DS7 by adding a tab to the frame. Just bought a new computer for Christmas, and haven't moved all the pics over yet. This pic was all I could find quickly.
If this is what you're lookin for, I can get you better/fresh pics this evening.
"When you're Dead, you don't know that you're Dead. It's only difficult for Others.
It's the same when you're Stupid"

Matt Warburton

I've decided to go with R6S rearsets as they're the simplest, cleanest and easiest to mount. Every other option looked like a high school machine shop bodge up to me!

All I need is to weld one small tab on each side for the upper bolt, and cut a new tab for the exhausts on each side which will use the existing 8mm bolts.

Will post photos once I'm done. Just waiting for the R6S parts to arrive from Ebay.