News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

new trail 125

Started by m in sc, January 31, 2021, 12:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Just grabbed it today. Only put 2 mile son it, was busy and weather wasnt too warm. But, pretty neat, i think this should be fun for errands. Angie already has shown interest in it as well.

while basically grom based, it smush bigger than the grom. rear rack is 18x18"  :eek:

peeled off some of the 'federally mandated' decals but that's about it. super comfy, dorky as hell and fun. should be pretty useful to run errands. going to grab a collapsible milk crate for the rack.  :vroom:

has blankout, will put power port there. not much instrumentation, no tach. lol.

fenders are all metal. its made really well. typical honda.

with the 67 kawi C2TR

pidjones

Is that the update to the old Trail 90?
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

sort of yes. basically grom based. a lot physically bigger than a grom.. 17" wheels etc.   fuel injected, etc.  weather is shit so it'll sit in garage a few days but I wanted a quiet simple run around. since I was planning about year and a half ago to buy a new stock grom (since my old one was hot ridden to death, literally), when this was announced, I waited.  I do have to say, its very well built.

SoCal250

taking bets on how long it is before the modifications start...  :dawg:

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

so, does a collapsible milk crate for the rack count? yes, i got one :dawg: i -did- order a chrome exhaust shield, i cant deal with the painted silver one.  also ordered a set of YSS shocks as the preload isn't adjustable on the stockers.  :bang: . parts are still cheap until it gets popular .  But still not going to go too crazy.

Oh, did add a ram mount and power port but i do that to most of the bikes.

so yeah. took like 3 days.  :dawg:

:haw:

i know. edgy stuff.

if you look close, i also moved the rear reflectors off the plate mount, inward, onto the tail light mount and trimmed the plate bracket.

I cant help it. 

SoCal250

Ha! I knew you wouldn't be able to leave it 100% stock. :science: :dawg:

Congrats on the newest addition to your stable. It looks good and should be a great around-town putter and grocery-getter. That rear rack is big, you still have some room even with a crate on there.

m in sc

the rack is absurd. thats for sure.

the do make a dual seat and passenger pegs for it, you pull the rack off. looks really good actually but not in the cards for this one i think.

the accessories for this thing are already ridiculous.

m in sc

well, ya know...  :haw:

shield on.

then went digging around for stuff i had from the grom. stuffed in an EFIE unit. this is interesting, it is designed for hyper-miling. the idea is to offset the voltage from the o2 to the ecm to fool the ecu into thinking its running too rich, and then lean it out.   :whatever:

HOWEVER  :whistle:

you can reverse the leads and think its running too lean. stock narrow-band aims for 14.0 afr. this is adjustable and at 250 mV, will target 13.2-13.5 on a honda ecm.  :vroom:

4 wires. power, ground, in from o2, out to ecm. thats it. totally reversible.
adjustable dash pot

so then....

its 1.01mm higher lift and a bit more duration.  :devil:

SoCal250

Kawtriplefreak

Sweet

rodneya

Does it snow where you live?

m in sc

e30 gangsta

So I have a supercub 125. I did the dhm high compression piston setup, intake exhaust and cam, and it really woke the bike up. A lot of the trail guys on adv rider suggest dropping the front tooth by 1 and it really wakes the bike up. Just an fyi nice pickup!

m in sc

yeah im familiar with the DHM stuff, and.. its great. not going to change the exhaust but prob decat. The 13t sprocket will fuck up the speedo/abs (at least on a trail) unless you fit  a speedo healer. (which isnt a bad idea anyway) I'll have to wait and see till i start really using it regular to decide. I -can not- fall down the rabbit hole i did on the grom with a 4 valve head and all the ridiculous mods again. I mean, 95 mph is cool and all but takes the whole point of why i bought the CT out of it.

m in sc

so this is my last motor mod for performance. def woke it up a bit.

made a larger head-pipe, took a 90 degree bend out of it that didn't need to be there, and removed catalytic converter. sorry, a fuel injected 125cc 4 stroke that gets around 100 mpg doesn't need a cat.

:devil: :science:

I tig welded the flange to the headpipe, then mig welded the rest to the stock muffler.

tacked up:

forgot to turn the gas on on the 1st part of the shield mount. meh.

and done.

not really any louder. rode it about 150 miles since this was done, FI corrected and plug looks perfect. so should be good to go now.

Next thing i'll do it put in a koso cam chain tensioner (ball bearing roller typce) at some point way down the road. but thats it.  :whistle: