Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Anybody have a fairing on their RD

Started by Milan, February 17, 2021, 01:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

my buddy david bought one of those to go on his xsr was way too small for that, but would def be good on an rd. its pretty decent, way better than i expected.

IR8D8R

I just ordered a Dart Marlin for my XSR. I like 1/4 fairings but they don't look right without low bars, clubmans, or clip-ons. Drag bars at the very least. If you do low bars then next its rearsets etc. I just don't want to ride hunched over all the time on that bike. It kills my neck. The Dart is just a flyscreen but it should deflect some of the wind. It would take a trim ring or a bigger headlight to work with the 7" fairings on the XSR stock 5" light.

The Emgo Viper looks good on an RD. Right size and seems to stay on good. The mounts they supply with it are terrible but they work with a little bending. I was meaning to find something better since I have the dimensions now. It doesn't blow around or get loose. It seems like $35 is a fair price to figure out if you want a fairing or not. The Puig stuff does not have very good reviews but they are everywhere online. All the fiberglass stuff requires a little engineering. And $$$.

Lockhart Phillips doesn't seem to have a website any more that I can find, though they are apparently still in business? Maybe? Their stuff is still available from other merchants. They may have folded. Can't tell.

IR8D8R

Dvsrd

Quote from: m in sc on March 08, 2021, 02:36:12 PM
my buddy david bought one of those to go on his xsr was way too small for that, but would def be good on an rd. its pretty decent, way better than i expected.
I bought one too. Think it is too small even for my RD350A. More suitable for a vintage 100 or 125 in my opinion. I agree that the finish is very good for the price.

Milan

So I received my RZ350 faring last week.
Worked on it this week.

Had to cut a little to fit around the blinker ears.
Fairing came with a generic mounting kit, which actually worked, but 1 question.

Used brackets to mount fairing to handlebars.
Handlebars move due to the rubber mounting in the column.
Will this be a problem?
Should I mount to the fork bolts?

Also, how close or far should the fairing be from the cluster.
The headlight was raised with a bracket as well.

I would like to try and adapt a little larger windscreen.

M

m in sc

mounting to bars is fine. as close to gauges is up to you, its a preference. looks good

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

Milan

Ok,

So got the Turn Signals relocated
Fairing to go on this weekend.

M

Milan

gardenhosebusabottle

Quote from: m in sc on February 17, 2021, 10:57:20 PM
airtech 1/4 ducati fairing with Gustafson shield. took off after crash in 2015 but might go back on.

Another  :clap: for this look.  Nice.  NOT STOCK...Although, I keep remembering the Estate Wagon "pre-gearing".  3 gear power wheelies...man. 

let the fun begin.

Milan

I like to keep it stock also.
But no choice if a fairing is mounted.
Signals have to be repositioned
also headlight moved to fit.

THX
M

Milan

Ok.
So it is mounted.
Seams it us a good size & fit.

I have the fronr fender graphics to put on.

Up & down?
Or
Left & right?

M

Milan

More