(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400 at Kaplans on E bay

Started by suey1958, March 23, 2021, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jspooner

"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

RDFL

Has one of those let the squirrels know your braking taillights.

m in sc

at a shop, no title.. and they lost me with the seat and tank.   :whatever:

Jspooner

Quote from: m in sc on March 24, 2021, 08:11:54 AM

What....................you mean you've never heard of a two stroke sportster bobber  :eek:
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

suey1958

He says it's investment quality,...LOL

m in sc

Quote from: Jspooner on March 24, 2021, 08:51:06 AM
Quote from: m in sc on March 24, 2021, 08:11:54 AM

What....................you mean you've never heard of a two stroke sportster bobber  :eek:

i try to forget.  :shocked:

Greaser Greg

I called a local retired dealer about his collection.  Told me to cal him two days later and he'd let me in to shop.
When I called back he said this Kaplan guy had offered to buy it all.  There were many vintage bikes in various stages of completion and condition.  Everything from rusty "parts" bikes to pristine early cbs and bmws.  About 40 bikes.  The owner said he wanted to check with Kaplan and see if was ok with him if he let me look at a couple of bikes I was interested in.  Never heard back from him and two weeks later they were all gone.  Hauled off to New York to be bastardised and sold to the highest bidder.  Lame.  Dude probably doesn't even ride.
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

m in sc

I've met the type.

we have a local guy that does boutique builds, and has a shop with at least one tech i know making like 12 bucks an hour. i've shredded his builds to his face at local bike nights. Pretty from a distance but usually garbage.

Greaser Greg

suey1958

I don't know but I'm guessing that since it is a museum that he is pretty much tax exempt

RattlecanResto

Quote from: Greaser Greg on March 24, 2021, 10:39:50 AM
I called a local retired dealer about his collection.  Told me to cal him two days later and he'd let me in to shop.
When I called back he said this Kaplan guy had offered to buy it all.  There were many vintage bikes in various stages of completion and condition.  Everything from rusty "parts" bikes to pristine early cbs and bmws.  About 40 bikes.  The owner said he wanted to check with Kaplan and see if was ok with him if he let me look at a couple of bikes I was interested in.  Never heard back from him and two weeks later they were all gone.  Hauled off to New York to be bastardised and sold to the highest bidder.  Lame.  Dude probably doesn't even ride.

This has happened to me before. Fortunately, I knew the guy who bought them all and he sold me a couple bikes (would not sell the Suzuki Stinger I wanted though :sad:)

Next time, make sure YOUR the guy offering to buy it all...

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

RDFL

Aw, come on throw some saddle bags with fringes on it you would be stylin.

Greaser Greg

Quote from: RattlecanResto on March 24, 2021, 03:13:36 PM
Quote from: Greaser Greg on March 24, 2021, 10:39:50 AM

This has happened to me before. Fortunately, I knew the guy who bought them all and he sold me a couple bikes (would not sell the Suzuki Stinger I wanted though :sad:)

Next time, make sure YOUR the guy offering to buy it all...
I'll be the guy that says, "Sure, you want some parts or a new project for enjoyment, not profit?  Come on by and I'll make you a sweet deal!"