Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

replacing stock Rd400 intake boots with RZ 350 intake boots

Started by top-jelopy, May 22, 2019, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top-jelopy

Hello , I have to replace my intake boots and, what I have  purchased  I have been told are  RZ 350 intake boots with a cross-over pipe . These intake boots are flat with no wings on the inside , they have the same bolt pattern but are  a little bigger is size .  Has any one used these set up before ? Is it ok , is it better ? 

m in sc

yup, works fine. you just need to seal it to the reedcage

motodreams

Crossover is superior without downside provided the air requirements for your motor are not causing a drop in pressure covered by the wings on the initial reeds.  If you don't want to deal with the math just go for it.  They should be better or at least equivalent.

SUPERTUNE

I'll throw in some added info to help here...
The RZ/Banshee stock reed cages are bigger than RD cages so I grind the RD cages a bit to match up better.
Here's some pics of the grinding work on RD400 cages. (350's are basically the same-400's use a dowel pin hole, 350's don't)
I like to lap the cages also and use YZ125 petals for mild builds.
Chuck

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

retaRD

Quote from: SUPERTUNE on June 09, 2019, 10:15:59 PM
I'll throw in some added info to help here...
The RZ/Banshee stock reed cages are bigger than RD cages so I grind the RD cages a bit to match up better.
Here's some pics of the grinding work on RD400 cages. (350's are basically the same-400's use a dowel pin hole, 350's don't)
I like to lap the cages also and use YZ125 petals for mild builds.
Chuck

I'm addition you can smooth the casting edges at the port windows while you're in there, I know that goes into cage porting Chuck, but if I'm already porting the cage opening to RZ intakes might as well smooth out the rest while I'm in there as a start.