News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Anyone Using A Deltran/Battery Tender LI Battery?

Started by ~JM~, April 04, 2021, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~JM~

Diablo007

Bought one for our 2015 Honda Grom when the stock one went bad.  Purchased on March 31, 2018; haven't had a problem.  This was before the built in charging circuit.  Not sure if we've ever had it on a charger, but if we have it would have been the Battery Tender lead/lithium charger that came with it.

Shorai batteries can be maintained with a RC charger that can do Li-Fe and can use a balancing lead.  I use that arrangement for the Shorai batteries I have as I somehow ended up with extras and need to maintain them.

The charger I use is a 'Hobby King C3', the lead I purchased for balancing is 'Associated Reedy 4s Balance Lead ASC27230'.

If you go with the new Battery Tender line let me know how it works out.
2 stroke junkie:
Too many motorcycles to list.  The highlights:
1973 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer project; 1983 Suzuki RG250 YammaGamma project; 1988 Yamaha YSR50/80 project; 1984 Yamaha RZ350; 1984 Yamaha RZ500

~JM~

I have one of these chargers: https://www.batterytender.com/Battery-Tender-12V-800mA-Selectable-Lead-Acid-Lithium-Battery-Charger_7

I bought one of the early Anti-Gravity batteries several years ago. It failed early without much usage. The replacement has proven to be more durable. They are expensive though.

m in sc

man that is some fancy ass battery tech.   :cheers: 

~JM~

LI batteries don't tolerate over-charging well. I think the problems begin around 14.7 volts.