News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

One Moto Show, Portland OR

Started by 85RZwade, April 21, 2021, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Is anybody planning to attend the One Moto Show in Portland this year? I'll probably go Saturday the 1st, and it'd be cool to meet some of y'all there.
I post waayyy too much

gardenhosebusabottle

Wish i could go.  Be working.   I remember when it was small and you'd buy mellow pabst for a buck? 

Last time i went Danner had these ultra expensive boots on display...300+  I have a pair of their hiking tennis shoes....spiffiest pair of runners I've ever seen.

you gotta BUY tickets...wow.  All the cool kids will be there, for sure.

~JM~

The skinny jeans, neck beard, Latte hoppers, show.

85RZwade

Uh-oh, I don't have any of those things. I'm skinny and plan to wear jeans, does that count?
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Kinda snuck up on me this year.

Gardenhoser, are you in Portland?  Do I know you?

... and yes, I do remember when it was small.  My TDR was in the first year.  :metal:
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

~JM~

Feel bad for the guy that paid for this "custom" bike.

gardenhosebusabottle

Quote from: pdxjim on April 23, 2021, 05:21:51 PM
Kinda snuck up on me this year.

Gardenhoser, are you in Portland?  Do I know you?

Yes you do,  Quicklimegirl's better 1/2  :dawg:

BTW:  Was riding just past Cougar, WA last week on the Z1000 (131, 000 miles and counting)....up FS90 to Pine Creek (my usual stomping ground).  Carson / Cougar road conditions is very good and all dry....ride all the way through...little bit of snow for air conditioning and cooling on the sides of the road  :vroom:  Started tailing an old guy on a Honda 1000 XX (black).  Had a good pace too.  Turns out he also did SFRC rides and we talked about Pat's Acres.  He was probably the guy passing everyone on the big KTM when i was there w/ the RZ350 years back.   I mentioned your name and he knows you.   Soon as I said TDR w/ the "elephant pipes"  :burnout:

PS: he loves the alley sweeper too.  You might see him on the next one.

Small world.

pdxjim

OMG, the return of Kevin.

... yeah, tall guy, a little older, grey hair, very very fast?  That's Al.  Best dude.

Glad to have you back, Sir.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

gardenhosebusabottle

:cheerleader:

I don't know if his name was Al.  But he did say he did some racing previously and track days.   I think he he was my height or higher?

I originally was just trying to pick Mark's brain for advice and I'd be gone (e-mailed direct).  He said i was ok to register.  (shock...ok!)  My daytona is gone...strictly blasphemous riding for now.   Will work to re-assemble Judy's 400  when Charlie Brown gets to it.

Man, would love to work on the RZ eventually.  We live right next to the twisties in Battle Ground, WA....very cool. Miss the old home shop though..  no real room except THE KITCHEN and a fold out table to work on...*sigh*.

pdxjim

You are a brave man trusting Charlie Brown with your stuff.

The one time I went to his shop (10-15 years ago) it looked like a bomb had recently gone off.  Piles of motors and parts everywhere, total disaster.

I thought "no way am I leaving my rare parts here", and I took off and never looked back.

RB's shop was like hospital clean in comparison

gardenhosebusabottle

Quote from: pdxjim on April 26, 2021, 01:26:58 PM
You are a brave man trusting Charlie Brown with your stuff.

it looked like a bomb had recently gone off. 
I thought "no way am I leaving my rare parts here", and I took off and never looked back.

RB's shop was like hospital clean in comparison

I know.  Charlie did lose a 125 crank for a guy and that's how Judy got his 125.  She gave him an NOS 125 crank and when he was done w/ the bike, she bought it (guy's wife didn't want the bike).

Believe me, I was wondering the same thing.  Since RB has slowed way down, he's not an option. 

Charlie did do me right on the daytona though. 

His home shop is a mess.   Judy told me that Charlie had a heart attack recently and had to take a year off.   He went to 5,000 square ft. to 2,000 square feet in his home shop.

xfingers.

pdxjim

Garrett does all my engine work now.

85RZwade

I went, I saw, I took pictures. Here's the link to all the pics if you want to forego my commentary:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/7ZYd1wR

:ninja: WARNING: the above gallery contains graphic and specific four-stroke content. View at your own risk. Also, I was looking for ideas for certain problems, so some pictures may seem odd to you. I plan to post pictures in some semblance of order very soon.
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

Road-going strikers were thin on the ground, as usual:

Parallel twin scooter running PWKs and Jolly Motos! In the back of a Hayabusa-powered mini pickup, courtesy of pdxjim's Scooter Swap Shop buddies.
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

I was looking for clever solutions and ideas:

I love these fender supports, but the hose clamps are bringing the property values down

Smallest license plate light I've seen

Throttle cable didn't line up? No problem

Yes, the chain really actuates the rear brake

Steering stops: thinking outside the box
I post waayyy too much