News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Fiberglass front fender: clearance and brace?

Started by NYSingh, March 15, 2021, 07:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retaRD

When I space fenders off the tire for mocking/mounting, I wrap 3/8"-1/2" fuel line around the top of the tire and tape in on. Then set the fender on it.

Dvsrd

Some later bikes have dust seals/ wiper seals that are fitted INSIDE a bore in the slider, not over the slider like stock RDs and other older bikes. Maybe it would be possible to find something like that for 34 mm forks. For example Moped/ Monkeybike/ Scooter USD forks for example?

NYSingh

I ended up returning the TracTech brace.  The part of the lowers under the dust seal are 54mm diameter, and the brace they sent was the wrong size (needed to get the 54mm clamps with 121mm bridge) - since I had to mail it back anyways, I decided to just return it and order the RSW Racing brace since that seems widely used, doesn't require removal of dust boots and more specific to the RD350/400.  I will say that TracTech was very responsive and tried to help to get the brace to work, and when I finally just asked for a refund they didn't give any issues, so high marks for them as a company.
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

retaRD

Unless you already know, you may need to shim the RSW brace, so the sliders don't bind up.  The RSW is not adjustable.  I know this has been covered before on here.