Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

All 2 smoke a side....

Started by soonerbillz, May 16, 2021, 11:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil Gallad

i've only ever walked out of 2 concerts, both mid to late 70's. one was curved air - rubbish - and the other was judas priest - nah, didn't get on with them at all. depending what mood i'm in i go from fleetwood mac when i'm mellow to led zep when i'm on it  :celebrate: saw some great bands in the 70's from across the pond, including pat travers, who came on as support for the groundhogs and got 7 encores  :cool:
cheers, gil.

85RZwade

I feel lucky that my 17 year old son likes "my" music, and and he's always trying to help me expand my horizons. Currently digesting Mastodon.
I post waayyy too much

The Red Scourge

Quote from: Gil Gallad on May 22, 2021, 07:40:34 AM
i've only ever walked out of 2 concerts, both mid to late 70's. one was curved air - rubbish - and the other was judas priest - nah, didn't get on with them at all. depending what mood i'm in i go from fleetwood mac when i'm mellow to led zep when i'm on it  :celebrate: saw some great bands in the 70's from across the pond, including pat travers, who came on as support for the groundhogs and got 7 encores  :cool:
cheers, gil.

Oh wow!  I love Curved Air and Judas Priest!  Didn't get into any prog rock with an electric violin, eh?
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

Gil Gallad

i've always been a rocker from day one, or perhaps a bit later  :eek: 64 and 65 i loved the beatles [and before] but by 66 i'd gone right off them, leading up to cream, the yardbirds, atomic rooster, deep purple and so on. saved enough money out of my weekly pittance to buy the first sabbath album and i was blown away by it. wish i could remember some of the bands from across the water that i went to see mid to late 70's, unfortunately the odd few like pat travers, jeff healey and johnny thunders and the heartbreakers are about all i remember   :cool:
cheers, gil.
p.s. electric violin? hmm, did like jimmy lea playing it on one of slade's singles  :eek: