Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What is the Recipe for Bottom end Power

Started by KANDY, May 20, 2021, 06:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenhosebusabottle

I agree w/ Jspooner.  sort the pilot 1st.  Smaller than stock, you are probably leaning out and that is carrying over to the other circuits, confusing things.   you could go 27.5 and then 30 pilot.  I ran a 27.5 pilot in the RD400 w/ Supertune airbox mods (stock bike).

You could try this: put new plugs in the bike....take it for a easy 15 minute ride using some throttle to put some color on the plugs.   Now do an idle speed plug chop w/ bike on the stand and a fan in front...let the bike idle, for say 5 minutes or so, not touching the throttle and then kill it and look at the plugs.

post a good pic for the experts to peruse!

I'd do that.  what say you fellas?

Czakky

I don't think letting your bike idle for five mins is necessary. Using the method the OPs stated for setting pilot has led me to choosing the wrong pilot jets on occasion too. It is a good guideline but what is more important is feeling what the bike wants. My opinion try a bigger pilot just because your stuck and not happy with how the bikes running. If it's worse go back. Pay attention to when the jets are giving most influence and make sure you've got throttle position marked on your throttle.