Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Head stock tags

Started by soonerbillz, May 22, 2021, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

I've got a guy who can make me reproduction head stock decals for my R5 project.
I need a good clean pic of one for him to copy.. with measurements.
Can anyone help me?

soonerbillz

So I got a good picture and my guy made up some new head stock decals for my bikes.
When they show up I'll post up some pics.

1976RD400C

Ed Toomey Designs just made me one. Looks pretty darn good.

SANYO-DIGITAL-CAMERA" border="0
20210530-103852-1" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

JB Weld

Is there a way to determine the date of manufacture based on the vin? My RD doesn't have the decal.

Hawaii-Mike

Quote from: JB Weld on May 30, 2021, 11:07:10 PM
Is there a way to determine the date of manufacture based on the vin? My RD doesn't have the decal.
This doesn't include the manufacture date but if you're trying to figure out what year/model: https://2strokeworld.com/post/152491461693/yamaha-rd350-and-rd400-vins

scully

if you have original wheels, there is a date code either cast in on mags or stamped in on spokes. usually a month after that date is the bikes build date.

JB Weld

Quote from: scully on May 31, 2021, 10:05:24 AM
if you have original wheels, there is a date code either cast in on mags or stamped in on spokes. usually a month after that date is the bikes build date.

Did not know that. It's pretty obvious I have a US spec 74 RD350 due to the color and some engine clues, plus it is titled as such. No plans of restoring, but would be nice to have this on the frame.

soonerbillz

Just recieved my new reproduction head stock decals.
They look awesome!