This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Vitos crank

Started by gargantua350, June 03, 2021, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gargantua350

Hello again,

I am going to install the Vitos crank since my crank sustained a lot damage...including the lead weights and such.

My question is I see that the bearings have orings around them.  Do I also include green Loctite on the cases when I install the crank?  Will the Loctite destroy the orings?

thx

rodneya

No loctite needed, the o-rings will do the job.

Striker1423

Agreed ^^

However, the o-rings will be looser than when you started if a rebuild occurs. If the crank is OK and you plan to slap it back in the motor, a drop of loctite may not be a bad idea.

rodneya

Quote from: Striker1423 on June 03, 2021, 10:20:28 AM
Agreed ^^

However, the o-rings will be looser than when you started if a rebuild occurs. If the crank is OK and you plan to slap it back in the motor, a drop of loctite may not be a bad idea.

Or just buy new orings

gargantua350

I guess I wasn't clear in my original post.  Sorry about that guys.  The original OEM crank sustained a lot of damage.  I will be rebuilding with the Vito's crank. 

The crank bearings do not have the locating pins as well?  So the O-rings and a drop of Loctite will do the job?

thx

Striker1423

Quote from: gargantua350 on June 04, 2021, 09:11:13 AM
I guess I wasn't clear in my original post.  Sorry about that guys.  The original OEM crank sustained a lot of damage.  I will be rebuilding with the Vito's crank. 

The crank bearings do not have the locating pins as well?  So the O-rings and a drop of Loctite will do the job?

thx

You won't need the loctite with it being new. Just make sure the races are clean. Oil free. Otherwise the outer races may start to move.