News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

carport find 1998 PW80

Started by smokah, June 20, 2021, 03:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokah

Just scored a complete, last ran when parked, same family owned since new, PW80 for my 8 year old. Need to replace all rubber hoses, tubes and tires, rebuild carb and petcock, new chain and sprockets and we should be good. Excited for my little dude.

smokah

m in sc

smokah

Update....Carb rebuilt. Petcock replaced. Oil tank drained and fresh injection oil added. Repacked silencer. Plug, air filter and engine oil replaced. Fresh gas, no prime, no choke, one kick. Fired right up, ran well, shifted properly and stopped. Bought for $300. With what's been done, and the tires and tubes, new rear shock, fork oil, and fork seals the total isn't even $500 :righteous:

smokah

All repairs and upgrades done. Bike is still on it's original bore. Original brakes were almost new. Had the original chain and sprockets. Those were replaced. That 12'" rear tire was a real PITA to change, but it's done and should last my boy until he's outgrown the bike. Need some boots and he's off to the races... so to speak.

smokah

Pay no attention to the RD in the garage, or the other 7 bikes either  :dawg:

Czakky

smokah

Not my garage. A very close mad scientist friend of mine has an affinity for nice things. Then he cuts them up and makes them his own.

85RZwade

I read about your friend's Savage-based bike a couple of years ago. He's pretty versatile!
What size boots do you need? I have a couple of pairs that my kids outgrew I could send.
I post waayyy too much

oxford

Quote from: smokah on July 14, 2021, 11:39:18 AM
Not my garage. A very close mad scientist friend of mine has an affinity for nice things. Then he cuts them up and makes them his own.

Is that an elevator going up to the mez where the KLX sits?

smokah

@RZwade he's in a size 3. And yes... he built a freight elevator to bring some of the bikes upstairs. He really is clever and loves to figure stuff out.

85RZwade

The smallest I have left are these lovely Miami Vice Special Edition 5s. If I remember correctly how fast kids grow, you'll need these in about 6 weeks. In the meantime, thrift stores and yard sales are your friends!

I post waayyy too much

smokah

Offerup has been our go to. He's so mad he can't kick it over himself yet