Main Menu

OT: Where's Chuck Q?

Started by hayduke, July 27, 2021, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayduke

I miss his posts, hope he's doing OK.

Anybody heard from him lately?

m in sc

not sure since the gap in May.  I called a few times but no replies. life got in his way i think.  :huh:

paul1478

I also miss Chuck's posts spreading his wisdom and also hope he is doing well. I texted him a few times without a reply also.

76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

Milan

Yes. also wondering where he is.

I am 20 minutes from his place & was looking forward to him working on my bike.

But, alas he must have moved on to other things.

All that knowledge, now off the board.

M

IR8D8R

Chuck told me at the Deal's gap meet that he had a new space but it lacked amenities like AC, water, and proper electrical hookups for his machinery. He did not have a good timetable for when things could be ready to start back and he was considering his options.

I was also ready to send my bike to him when he lost his space. That was a bummer. I've decided to do most of it myself but if/when he gets back going I will send my engine to him to do a stage 2 port job and RD400>350 transmission conversion.

I can relate to having a shop with no AC making things unpleasant. My 4-car garage gets to 120 degrees F in August. It is just too damn hot in there to do much. Fans help but I pour sweat into whatever I'm working on. FL is worse than TN. Installing decent AC would cost me around $6000 using ductless. I'd assume he would need similar capacity.

IR8D8R

teazer

I don't have an industrial sized shop, just a regular 2 car garage and all I did was to slip a window mount home A/C in and it makes all the difference. Doesn't drop temps below about 72, but that's OK for me.

Things that made a difference:
Decent insulated garage door
Decent rear door
Insulated and drywalled all the walls
Threw some insulation sheets on top of the rafters. 

It all adds up

m in sc

i dropped a vent off the air handler in the garage ceiling. it def helps, but im not too worried about the heat.. but it does help keep the house more temperate (since the garage is attached).

quocle603

Hope he's doing alright. He is chalk full of knowledge. :)
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

Milan

If any one can let him know:
I can do any plans he needs for permitting if he has to add AC or Electrical.

M

dgorms

Milan, nice offer, that's why this forum rocks...........................D
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

747drvr

im in maryville tenn and just noticed that there is a vintage bike shop here. the owners name is rock quenzler. im assuming that would be a relative of chuck ??  he has some z1 parts im looking for, so i will try to get some info tomorrow.  :thumbs:

sav0r

I added a used portable AC unit to my shop, thanks to my father in law. No regrets. The unit is an absolute piece of junk, but my shop is a good 10 degrees under ambient during the day. Not great in 95 degrees, but still way better than it was before.

Let's hope Chuck is okay and working on a comback!
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

Quote from: 747drvr on August 05, 2021, 10:42:22 PM
im in maryville tenn and just noticed that there is a vintage bike shop here. the owners name is rock quenzler. im assuming that would be a relative of chuck ??  he has some z1 parts im looking for, so i will try to get some info tomorrow.  :thumbs:
Not as far as I know.

IR8D8R

They are legally related. Rock Quenzler is Chuck's cousin but is adopted into the Quenzler family.

Chuck went and visited him during the 2019 Deal's Gap meet and discovered the family connection.

IR8D8R

m in sc

well isn't that cool. I knew it wasn't blood, but family is family. Neat.