(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1975 RD350 Gem

Started by Iron_Viking, July 29, 2021, 10:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron_Viking

Quote from: lawnboy on August 02, 2021, 11:54:19 PM

Vike, don't chop the front fender up, please! :eek:

Seriously don't chop it. I got a fender that's a little too banged up for my project that I'd gladly trade ya if that's the path you wanna take.

LB

Got a picture?  :cool:

lawnboy

I'll take a few and send em to ya.

pm me where u want me to send em.

text or email etc.

biggraham

biggraham

:umm:
Thanks

biggraham

Thanks for sorting this out, I may have over-reacted and due to my surgery stress, my apologies!

Iron_Viking

So update.
Some parts are at the powder coater, everything is torn down now. Going to focus on everything non-engine related to get a few solid milestones in.
Re: wiring. I knew all along I would be doing a total rewire of the bike and use a Vape ignition system. I stumbled across a magical box call a m.Unit made by Motogadget. This thing is pretty incredible. It's basically a MCU, motorcycle control unit, with solid state relays, fuses, and circuit monitoring. And it has Bluetooth so it syncs to an app where you can log mileage, configure the inputs and outputs.
For me to fully understand it and how it works I needed to draw out a brand new wiring diagram and map how it all interacts. And here it is!

(the 20 amp fuse should be on the output from the voltage regulator instead of where I have it drawn)

85RZwade

Awesome schematic! Ought to be in the Tech Library.
I post waayyy too much

Iron_Viking

Quote from: 85RZwade on August 19, 2021, 10:37:07 PM
Awesome schematic! Ought to be in the Tech Library.

Awwwe you're just being sweet. Lol  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron_Viking

OK, so I'm definitely going to go ahead and do a 2nd overbore to 64.5 and have the squish corrected. I looked locally to see if anyone could do it and I've got nada.

So my question to the greater hive mind is this; Who does everyone recommend sending jugs, pistons, and heads to? I wouldn't be opposed to having the ports cleaned up and smoothed out  in the process.

Iron_Viking

Here's some freshly rebuilt and powder coated forks for attention.

Racetech 0.75kg springs (for my fat ass) and cartridge emulators. Up top is a CognitoMoto triple clamp and preload adjusters from Economy Cycle. Put together for mock up.

85RZwade

Pardon me, but...would you have any Grey Poupon? :love:
Clamp is a lovely piece; what can you reveal about the rest of your color scheme??

BTW John Ritter would probably be happy to perform your engine work  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

Iron_Viking

Quote from: 85RZwade on September 21, 2021, 03:43:35 PM
Pardon me, but...would you have any Grey Poupon? :love:
Clamp is a lovely piece; what can you reveal about the rest of your color scheme??

Frame and wheels are going to be high gloss black, accents will be gold, and thinking the tank and seat pan/frame will be a glossy gold base made to look like its brushed with either a gloss or matte black crackle style top coat. A few pieces will be polished aluminum but that will be kept to a minimum. Exhaust will likely get a cerakote treatment since my powder coating guy specializes in it.

Iron_Viking

Happen to be able to provide some info on how I might be able to contact this special individual of Motor magic wizardry?

Striker1423

Quote from: Iron_Viking on September 21, 2021, 04:26:28 PM

Happen to be able to provide some info on how I might be able to contact this special individual of Motor magic wizardry?
https://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=2736.0

85RZwade

Thanks for pinch-hitting, er, Striker! (real name withheld to protect the, uh...Striker).
I post waayyy too much