Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1975 RD350(LC) Preservation-mod Hellride

Started by irk_miller, August 06, 2021, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irk_miller

Quote from: rodneya on January 03, 2022, 06:25:34 PM
I squeezed a Ramair into mine. The squished up crossed over unis just didnt look right for me.
This one has a metal backing plate, but I am waiting on delivery of an all foam version that I hope will just fit over the rear of the carbs
Thanks for the tip.  I'm giving one a try. 

85RZwade

Does the Ramair performance sock just slip over the bellmouths without clamps? And where do we buy them?
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on January 03, 2022, 10:59:42 PM
Does the Ramair performance sock just slip over the bellmouths without clamps? And where do we buy them?

They are made to fit over velocity stacks. that is the way I fitted them to the RS36 flat slides on my 82 katana.
I am going to try them directly over the bellmouths to start. The frame is right behind to keep them from moving too much.
Gotta buy them from England unfortunately, direct from ramair or from their ebay store. there are some different hole spacing options so check out their site for the correct model number.

Motogpwerks had a post on facebook that he was making something similar, but its not on his website

irk_miller

I tested compression (132-135) and kicked it for a first start.  Please keep in mind this is just a first kick.  No tuning.  No coolant system is hooked up yet, so I only ran it about 30 seconds.  The idle is high, for sure.  Otherwise, it sounds pretty strong.

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

irk_miller

I've been spending lots of time behind the counter at my local auto parts stores digging through hoses to find the best combinations.  I mostly have it figured out, except the plastic angle.

Appreciate the recommendation for the RamAir socks.  It's a stretch fit, but a fit nonetheless.  Pretty simple design.  I think I'm going to try my hand at making my own from UNI filter sheets. 

m in sc

for coolant lines, try some mandrel bent stainless from megs. then flare the ends and tight bend coolant lines.

irk_miller

m in sc

your lower radiator hose will collapse when it gets warm, just fyi. been there done that.  keep an eye on it.  :twocents:

irk_miller

Quote from: m in sc on January 12, 2022, 03:22:13 PM
your lower radiator hose will collapse when it gets warm, just fyi. been there done that.  keep an eye on it.  :twocents:
It's a molded hose.  It won't collapse.

irk_miller

Going with a Trail Tech Vapor.  Nice thing about the Trail Tech is the thermostat sensor threads into the LC head.

Striker1423

85RZwade

Duly Noted, said the guy building (rather slowly) an LC project. Good to know!
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

yup. the smaller tto ones do as well. 1/8" npt.