News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

1975 RD350(LC) Preservation-mod Hellride

Started by irk_miller, August 06, 2021, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

bit dark but ok. try leaning the needle one clip. might need to then go in 1/4 on air screw but you're damn close.

Clem710

Yeah, I'd take that all day if it was running cleanly.  Would probably do the airscrew first for a while and then try the needle if I really needed more, both/either are pretty easy to do.

irk_miller

Quote from: Clem710 on August 03, 2022, 04:52:13 PM
Yeah, I'd take that all day if it was running cleanly.  Would probably do the airscrew first for a while and then try the needle if I really needed more, both/either are pretty easy to do.
That's kinda how I'm looking at it. It's running great and hitting it's spots.  I think I'll hold steady until I dyno. 

irk_miller

I replaced the CB front end, which was absolutely awful, with a TL1000r.  I'm sure there are a plethora of opinions against this swap, but it rides and handles incredibly well.  I can't believe I thought the last front end had potential. 

DaytonaCafe

I lost track, irk...did GSXR front end not work with the wheels? At any rate, I see no problemo with the TL's. Looks great and if it works, why not? Love that machine. Where are u in Ga? We need to meet up and ride so I can ogle this beast in person!! Great build!

irk_miller

Quote from: DaytonaCafe on September 14, 2022, 11:18:13 AM
I lost track, irk...did GSXR front end not work with the wheels? At any rate, I see no problemo with the TL's. Looks great and if it works, why not? Love that machine. Where are u in Ga? We need to meet up and ride so I can ogle this beast in person!! Great build!
Thanks for saying.  I'm in Augusta.  I would love to ride.  I have a buddy whose wife's family is in Chickamauga, so I'm up there riding a bunch too. 

I like the TL front end better to run the street bars.  I am saving the other front end for the next build which I'll run the clip ons with a vintage TZ fairing.  This being an LC conversion, I didn't want to cut up the fairing, and the changes cascaded from there

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much