News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RDsOnly wants to teach how to 2 stroke performance.

Started by RdsOnly, August 20, 2021, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RdsOnly

I quit
Doing make it work jobs, still have  2 in my shop 2-7 years later [lazy customers].
  Sold off some stuff to keep my head above water, heard I would love to know what you know.

Well I made a site https://yamahard-treacher.com/
I have half wits- so far [1/2 wits I make it run ok THATS all I want]
No Idea most GP 2 strokes were wasted at end of race- just like 1/4 mile bikes.
  That is what I used to do, 1/8 of a second a lap wins.
Not many old men now that can afford these bikes want to do that. Whats ok I tune to make you happy. Your TZ is just fine [not] 20 + hp if tuned right. OK I would be scared if I rode a well tuned tz250. But I would see what it can do... Just me, old fat racer.
I have tuned jet skies, tz's, RDs, R5's , Rz's, RS's, gammas for racing. I try to get them on the edge in performance. But back off due to it is a lawn mower to the owner.

We all under stand this. If you start a well tuned bike, when you put your helmet on- You get your head straight. Ride HARD them test as riding around bike.  I loved owners that tried to blow up my motors 80 mile break in, WFO came back an stated not right. Love you I will make it right. timing and jetting and off they go, they don't seem to hang throttle that long after. Come back with a smile.
I do not ride customers bikes unless i get feed back of something weird. I ride WFO all the time, look for droops in power= transitions. Must wheelie 1-2 pop up 3rd good tune stock.

WHO would like to learn how to make these bikes fast?
  Whats it worth? I am closing my shop but want to help Potential tuners.

I need $100 an hour to teach, $250 an hour to evaluated = tear down top end
parts are on you.

I can put you up here at training center for $75 a night, you by food and refreshment.
Is this out there?
You will have to sigh a liability waver if you want to shoot, insurance is on you and your bike. I like to spend at least 2 days with customers, ride and tune... COTAS is just down the road, track day tunes are $350, and I cook.

Real question can I make you a better tuner- I think so 2 days you will know the basics one more day might get the inside scoop.

JT
trying to make a living

I also do 4stroke tuning, dynajet, air intake etc. Some carb work depending on models.