Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Source for Parts

Started by jradnich, August 19, 2021, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jradnich

About a month or so ago I was looking on the internet and found a Japan based company that had some very inexpensive parts for older Japanese bikes. It wasn't Cruzin Image. They had a better assortment of engine parts for smaller bikes. I thought I saved it in favorites but apparently I didn't. I tried searching history but no luck.

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out wit a name or web page.

rodneya

pidjones

Sumorubber? UK based, but have Asian contacts, I believe.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

jradnich

Thanks. Wasn't Webike but I added it to favorites. Sumorubber is a new one to me but it looks like they have a lot of things I can spend money on.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Hawaii-Mike

Speaking of Cruzin Image, I've had great service from them until my most recent order.  I bought a set of KH400 stock bore (57mm) pistons and two weeks later I received a box with 53mm pistons.  I sent a total of five messages to Mitsuo (I guess he's the owner).  I even translated a message from English to Japanese to see if I'd get a reply.  Finally after about two weeks he replied, asking me to return the pistons for a refund.  I mailed the pistons and asked him to send me the correct set instead of a refund.

I'll update this post when I get the result.  There have been many other parts I've ordered from Cruzin Image in the past and they were the correct products at great prices.

jradnich

I never did find the site I was looking for but you guys gave me some new places to try for parts. I ended up ordering a Namura piston form eBay for the DT125. It was inexpensive and they had good reviews. There were some under $10 made in China piston kits on there too, I may be cheap but I didn't go there.

m in sc

ive never had a bad part from cruzin image, hell, have their pistons in my t500.

I have had a namura beak in half though, on break in 10+ yrs ago. I think i just got a dud piston, there was a casting flaw.

jradnich

Quote from: m in sc on August 29, 2021, 08:05:53 PM
ive never had a bad part from cruzin image, hell, have their pistons in my t500.

They didn't have much for the DT125, I did order the clutch plates from them though.

rodneya

Quote from: m in sc on August 29, 2021, 08:05:53 PM

I have had a namura beak in half though, on break in 10+ yrs ago. I think i just got a dud piston, there was a casting flaw.

Namura are basically $10 pistons, thats why they were always included in all the chinese cheepie cylinder kits.
I got a brand new set on a parts motor I bought. The wrist clip pins could be bent out of shape with my fingers and the rings straightened without breaking. So it all went in the trash. cant say I have ever really seen any good reviews either.

jradnich

"I got a brand new set on a parts motor I bought. The wrist clip pins could be bent out of shape with my fingers and the rings straightened without breaking."
I took your advice and decided to put the Namura piston back on eBay. I ordered a ProX piston for the project.

85RZwade

Probably too late now, but was it megazip.net?
I post waayyy too much