News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Removing ethanol from fuel.

Started by soonerbillz, September 01, 2021, 01:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

This popped up on my feed today.  Not being a chemist I found it interesting but still I'm skeptical.  Anyone here ever do this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9mLbuUSt-0&feature=youtu.be

rodneya

Water will remove some, or most of the ethanol, but it seems like quite a hassle to separate the water and then guess at the amount of octane booster to add.   Also, what do you do with the water ethanol mix to dispose of it?
Luckily I can buy 91 or 94 ethanol free gas here, but if I do use E10 fuel on any small engines or my bikes I run the carbs dry before switching off.

Striker1423

Some folks recommend running the ethanol in a white gas heater or stove. would work im sure.

pidjones

I just go to one of the many stations around me that still carry 100% gas. Some even have premium pure gas.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

quocle603

If it wasn't a pain to do, I would do this all the time for my bikes. I plan on doing this to winterize my bike with some stabilizer.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

IR8D8R

Waste of time. It works. But the fuel doesn't become the correctly formulated gasoline of your dreams just because you take out the ethanol. It is formulated with the alcohol in it. Taking it out doesn't make it better.

IR8D8R

Jspooner

That guy has too much time on his hands.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"