Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Threading titanium

Started by rodneya, September 20, 2021, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

My brother told me years ago this guy he knew was asking a few race-circuit up and comers what he could do to lighten his bike to make it just a bit faster on the track. The guy smiled, pointed at his gut and said, start there.

LOL

m in sc

its funny. im 49, and at the last few physicals the doctor told me 'thats just the way you are built, maybe 10 lbs less'. I'm tuning into the old fire plug Italian guy at 5"8 and 205-207 lbs.  Been that weight for 7 years within 2-3 lbs. so, for those of us that are just 'stocky', we do what we can. lol.  (and yes i work out at least 5 days a week and eat healthier than most think).

I've seen my future. its not pretty . (sans cigar)  :dawg:

teazer

Back when I weighed a little less than I do now, I was talking to some vintage race guys and concluded that eating lots of fiber and taking a decent dump before a race was the equivalent of about $2,000 of Ti hardware. 

I never did sit down to do the math on that one, but the conversion rate seemed about right.

Arrow

It's a big factor to consider. Back in the day I weighed about 140 lbs. To have the same advantage now, I'd have to loose about 65 lbs off the bike!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rodneya

To follow up, I received the bolts yesterday.
Due to lack of stock and or exact sizes available I had to buy some a little longer than needed and cut them a bit shorter and cut new threads.
I used a split die and cut the threads in two or 3 passes doing a little at a time and it was a major pain. If I was using a solid diet there is no way it would have worked.
Very happy with the way it looks. Cleaning up or re-plating the old bolt would never look nearly as good.
Before and after pics

85RZwade

Looks great. Surprising how much difference one bolt head makes  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much