Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Rd350 A/B crank pin 8G8-11681-00

Started by Pravin, September 23, 2021, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pravin

Quote from: m in sc on September 24, 2021, 01:15:58 PM
if you can move the weights, stop riding it.

No the weights doesn't move if I push them using a screwdriver they are flush ...neither the web moves left right nor the big end has any play ...

Regards,
Pravin

gargantua350

I had catastrophic failure due to the lead weights falling out and rubbing up against the connecting rod.  It also damaged the crank bearing on the clutch side.  The bearing spun in the case about 30 degrees.  I ended up installing a new vito's crank.  I got about 500 miles on it no problems. 

1976RD400C

That grey matter is a sure sign something is rubbing.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Pravin

Ordered the bearings ... getting prepared to rebuild the crank in case required ...

Don't want to keep engine open here in rainy weather...

Will wait till the bearings arrive may be 2 3 weeks.

BTW one more question .. does the anti rotate pin on the bearing really required ? can I live without the pin or DOT and just use the grooved bearings ?

SKF sells good bearings in India which are grooved but don't have DOT as it was the Yamaha add on as a special order ..

Cheers,
PRavin

m in sc

i wouldn't run one that isn't. but thats me.

vxb sells the correct bearings.

Pravin

Pravin

Ok ... Update :)

got the bearings , opened up the engine again , there was a damage to labrynth and the silver power paste was coming off labrynth due to the right side of the center bearing broke n the piece was scrubbing the labrynth out  :bang:

Thankfully I had also carried spare crank , used the labrynth from that crank though I want to see if the scrubbed labrynth will work as the both side lips are intact

Assembled the engine n now there is no sound ... Habe to run in n check

Used the old 278 rods n big ends as they were I'm very good shape

Cheers ,

Pravin