Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

R5 Mashup

Started by RustyRD, October 10, 2021, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

looks really good, you're going to be very happy w the results.

TPR5

Ive got a 73 that Iam cutting loose.. Cheep !

RustyRD

I have slowly been reassembling the rd400 engine, and have made it to the HPI ignition install. I am sure there is some info on here about an install on this , looking for input on HPI install quirks. I am using Vape on my RD350. first install of HPI.

RustyRD

I have been looking on eBay for a tank, they either want too much, or the tank is too rusty. I found one that looked rough but was not rusty inside. so repair on the tank begins. Plenty of prep and sanding ahead.

m in sc

I never much understood how dents get in the tops of tanks like that.

looks like good progress.  :clap:

RustyRD

believe it or not, I used an old exhaust head tube from the kz project and was able to insert into tank and coax almost all of the dent out, had to be a good 3/8" down. When it started returning to a more normal position I was worried it was going to oil can and revert back to some of its previous shape..

747drvr

Quote from: m in sc on November 19, 2023, 05:59:31 AMI never much understood how dents get in the tops of tanks like that.

looks like good progress.  :clap:
my guess would be a womans boney ass ?!?!?!?! :olaf:

Kawtriplefreak

My guess is a fist print because some rocket scientist who did no maintenance couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run like a new one and attempted to beat it into submission.

RustyRD

you guys are killing me gotta love it both excellent hypothesis  :umm: I'm voting for the boney one :whistle:

RustyRD

alright I have about 3 hours in the repair of the tank and its making good progress and for 45$ and shipping of 30$ I'm liking the choice.It still needs additional filling and sanding however it is so much better than when it arrived.

RustyRD

could of been something like this maybe...maybe. NOT :celebrate:  Sorry I digress ...

Kawtriplefreak

RustyRD

well took some time after work today to look at the 350 tank on the R5, I also purchased a saddlemen tail section and seat for this project and now think I might do the same for my 350 project.  :smiley:

m in sc

i think im the only person int he world that doesn't like tracker seats. upholstery looks nice.. tank looks fantastic.

RustyRD

LOL. I grew frustrated with other seat challenge and went with the tracker seat. I know comfort is not gonna be there with this combo , Mark do you know if a r5 and rd seat will swap?