News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Mini factory sidecar racing rig, polini.

Started by m in sc, October 14, 2021, 02:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

check this nifty thing out. Polini 40cc sidecar racing rig for youth racing. My fiend, Jim, asked me to hang onto this a few years ago, and is coming to get it this weekend so i spruced it up a bit. He teaches race school, is in the 200mph club (i think) and just a great guy. However, this thing is a riot. If you have ever been to the home/redirect page on 2sw, you see this in the pic, its at the top of deals gap. yes, it was ridden up there.  :dawg: :olaf:

These pics was earlier this week. check this thing out.  :haw:

what i did was redo the fuel system, tie the line down, remount the fuel tank, make a silencer for the exhaust (the black curved tube, actually repurposed volvo turbo piping with a baffle now), tube the rear tire, bearings, carb, some wiring. (1) repair. basic clean up, hardware replacement, chain slider reconfiguration and adjustment & basic servicing on the brakes, etc. what a fun project this is.  I'll try to get video of it running and riding. (it runs great!) its a deathtrap for an adult but will hit like 20-30 mph.  :devil:

msr

RDFL

sav0r

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

for a comparison.. the chain on this is the same size as the cam chain on the trail 125, the grom motors, etc.

SoCal250

Cool! :celebrate: First time I've ever seen a 6T sprocket!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

m in sc

got it back to Jim yesterday. check this thing out In action  :celebrate:

Kawtriplefreak

Evans Ward

He's on his way to an RV Park in my neighborhood for a one week stay! I'm excited!!  :clap: :nana: :metal: :olaf:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

50gary

Whoa, that'll make Labrador puppies jealous.
  Cheers, 50gary

soonerbillz

That's so awesome.
And the paint job is cool as hell!